Welcome to the SJS FORUM !

Welcome to the SJS FORUM !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SJSFOOTBALL.COM   NEW SJSPREPS.COM  CAL SAFETY  SJS TWITTER  ModBee Forum  SacBee Facebook  NorCal Forum  CalWrestler Forum  
Le Grand plays today in the D-4 State Bowl Game at 4pm..... Del Oro plays Saturday for the D-2 State Championships..... GO Sac Joaquin Section!         SJSfootball.com

Top SJS pre-season games

Go down 
+8
WHS
TimHub
aboutzkidz
barnburner
QBclub
Sierrafan20
Freeagent
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Freeagent

Freeagent

Top SJS pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyTue May 12, 2009 10:55 am

Its a known fact that I follow the VOL league very close,but one of the pre-season games that I'm looking forward to seeing is the Oakdale vs. Whitney game. Whitney is losing some key players ,but they are returning 30.Oakdale will be losing some key players as well,but come in to the 2009 season with 15 returning starters.
Back to top Go down
Sierrafan20

Sierrafan20

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyWed May 13, 2009 4:08 pm

Agreed, this will be a good game for obvious reasons. You just pray that your team comes away from your pre-season match ups without any key player injuries. Bummer is that IF it's at Whitney that a rather far drive for us VOL folks. However who knows? This could be a early match up to a later playoff game.
Back to top Go down
Freeagent

Freeagent

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyWed May 13, 2009 4:18 pm

Sierrafan20, The game is at the Corral. All 3 Pre-Season Oakdale games are at the Corral. Do you Know The Sierra schedule yet?
Back to top Go down
Sierrafan20

Sierrafan20

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyWed May 13, 2009 10:48 pm

Hi FreeAgent,
I believe it goes as follows:
Lathrop, Granada (Livermore), and Patterson.

I will definitely watch the game against Whitney at the Corral. I know it's only preseason but it still gives you a look at the players, etc.
Back to top Go down
QBclub

QBclub

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyThu May 14, 2009 10:24 am

SF20,The Sierra vs Patterson game sounds like a good match-up.Is that a home game for Sierra Question
Back to top Go down
Sierrafan20

Sierrafan20

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyThu May 14, 2009 10:48 am

Patterson is always a tough game. Last year was at their field so perhaps will be at Sierra this year. Honestly don't know.
Back to top Go down
QBclub

QBclub

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyThu May 14, 2009 11:00 am

I hope the westsidechick signs on ,she will have a lot to say about that game lol!
Back to top Go down
barnburner

barnburner

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:03 pm

As you said FA, all 3 Oakdale preseason games are at the Corral this year with Turlock being the first. Also, they play Novato in week 2 on a Saturday night. This should be interesting as well, and many who follow other teams more closely can make it. Heck, 2 nights of football in a row! cyclops
Back to top Go down
QBclub

QBclub

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyFri May 15, 2009 11:04 pm

Out of the three games ,I think the Oakdale /Whitney game will be the best game to watch.
Oakdale should win the first two.
Back to top Go down
barnburner

barnburner

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptySat May 16, 2009 12:17 am

So, QB, why do you think Turlock and Novato are like "automatic wins"? I don't think that is the case. Maybe Oakdale will be 0-3 before they start league. Sure, Whitney is probably better than the other 2... but???
Back to top Go down
Freeagent

Freeagent

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptySat May 16, 2009 10:26 am

barnburner,I dont think QB knows the VOL like we do.but if you look at the teams a little closer the truth is that Turlock is losing most of their key players from last year and Novato is only returning 14 players, in contrast to Oakdale returning at least 15 starters.Whitney is returning 30 players so I look at this game to be the biggest test for Oakdale of the 3 games. By the way nice Text work barnburner!
Back to top Go down
QBclub

QBclub

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptySun May 17, 2009 4:17 pm

Do you really think Oakdale will be 0-3 BarnBurner? I still think Oakdale will beat Turlock and Novato Its just my opinion anyway.The first game will tell us a lot.
Back to top Go down
barnburner

barnburner

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptySun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

No, QB, I really don't think Oakdale will be 0-3. What I was trying to say is that they could be. But, then again, last year, I thought they would handle Turlock and West rather easily. But, both of those teams ended up being much better than I had expected. And, after the first 2 games, even Will Deboard predicted them to lose against McClymonds- a team they beat 55-0.

I expect Oakdale to have a good year, and as you say, the first game will tell us a lot.
Back to top Go down
Freeagent

Freeagent

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptySun May 17, 2009 10:46 pm

The VOL will be no cake walk for any team.I think we are going to see a BIG upset this year! If any of the Top 4 teams lose their Starting Backs Manteca-Miller,Sierra-Daniels,Sonora -Link,Oakdale-Brooks,they not win the VOL Championship!
Back to top Go down
aboutzkidz

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:25 am

QBclub wrote:
Out of the three games ,I think the Oakdale /Whitney game will be the best game to watch.
Oakdale should win the first two.
I think Novato played in the D-2 State Championship Game in 2007. I think that they went to the Sectional Game last year also. Both should be very good games.
Back to top Go down
TimHub

TimHub

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 1:15 pm

Isn't the new playoff format based on win/loss over the 10 week season?

If so, does it hurt teams to "play up" in preseason as it pertains to playoff seeding?

And will scheduling strategies change because of the new playoff format?

I honestly don't know the answers to these questions as I am not totally clear on the new playoff proceedures.
Back to top Go down
barnburner

barnburner

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 3:23 pm

Tim, kinda funny, I was pretty much up on all that a few months ago, but I have forgotten a lot of the details! I believe each league still gets a certain number of teams, but, I think you are right about overall win/loss records when it comes to at-large teams.

So, my guess would be that there will be certain teams that always want to "play up" and maybe get a state bowl game. Others will probably try and schedule just to get into the playoffs. I think it just depends on what kind of program a school has, and where they really want to go.
Back to top Go down
Sierrafan20

Sierrafan20

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 12:24 pm

Oakdale will host Whitney (Rocklin, CA) Friday Sept 25th at the Corral. This is sure to be a good game and I could only wish it was being played on a Saturday so I could see it live.

Who from Oakdale Stangs is going to update scores on Tweeter?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 1:34 pm

Sierrafan20 wrote:
Oakdale will host Whitney (Rocklin, CA) Friday Sept 25th at the Corral. This is sure to be a good game and I could only wish it was being played on a Saturday so I could see it live.

Who from Oakdale Stangs is going to update scores on Tweeter?

I'm sure we will have someone Twitter Oakdale games on SJSFOOTBALL.We also are working on setting up a chatroom for for live updates on HSFootBall.Mobi or HsSports.mobi .We want to have at least one member from every team in the SJS Twitter scores,or update scores on our forum chatbox . We tested the Chatbox at the All Star games and thanks to Hooligan it worked Great!
Back to top Go down
WHS

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 12:23 am

Where do you get the info that Whitney is returning 30 players? They lost a ton of talent with the passing of last seasons seniors. 13-0 I don't think but they will compete that is for sure.
Back to top Go down
barnburner

barnburner

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 1:30 am

Well if you go to Whitney's football page, it showed 28 JR's for 2008. If they all come back, still sounds pretty close.
Back to top Go down
WHS

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 12:56 am

You can say that about any high school team. Everyone has a split of players that are juniors. The question is how many starters are returning? This thread seems like Oakdale is fixated on Whitney. Why I have no idea. Whitney is a small new school in it's infancy. I would think you would be more concerned with the proven powers such as Colfax, Manteca and so on...
Back to top Go down
QBclub

QBclub

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 1:07 am

WHS wrote:
You can say that about any high school team. Everyone has a split of players that are juniors. The question is how many starters are returning? This thread seems like Oakdale is fixated on Whitney. Why I have no idea. Whitney is a small new school in it's infancy. I would think you would be more concerned with the proven powers such as Colfax, Manteca and so on...

WHS, Like it or not, Whitney is the defending Section Champions! What do you expect?
Back to top Go down
barnburner

barnburner

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 2:45 am

hmm,Whitney, Oakdale, who would have imagined? Top schools and complete programs. Will be a great game in spite of WHS. I just hope it's close, no matter the score(winner).
Back to top Go down
barnburner

barnburner

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 4:19 pm

WHS, Oakdale is actually playing Whitney this year, not Colfax. Under the new playoff format, it is doubtful that Oakdale will ever meet Colfax again since they only have about 1000 students, and will always be playing in D4, whereas Oakdale with about 1600, will always be in D3. Whitney with about 1430 will swing between D3 and D4. And, yes, Oakdale is always concerned about Manteca! (But that is league play, and not what this topic is about!)

http://www.cifsjs.org/realignment/10-14/playoff_footballproposal-revised_10-14.pdf

http://www.cifsjs.org/realignment/10-14/playoff_proposal_09-10.pdf
Back to top Go down
WHS

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:39 am

Established school like Oakdale worried about a new school in it's infancy. Two seniors classes so far? Yeah Section champs but only once and no history? In spite of WHS? Come on, lot's more to worry baout than some new kid on the block, how bout Sierra?
Back to top Go down
barnburner

barnburner

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 1:11 am

Wow, WHS, the topic is "top pre-season games". As already stated Oakdale will be "concerned" about all the teams in their league, like Manteca, Sierra, Sonora. Do you not think it will be a good game? I believe sierrafan20 was one of the first to bring up this game, and, that's from a Sierra fan who would like to see it, but won't because he will be at the Sierra game.
Back to top Go down
BIGMAC

BIGMAC

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 10:36 am

In the last two years Whitney has played in two Section Championships.It don't matter how many years their program has been together and until they do something different,all teams including Oakdale will want a piece of them. Whitney will know what its like when every team they play, come after them like its for the Championship!
Back to top Go down
Sierrafan20

Sierrafan20

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:24 pm

Yes BB I'd appreciate you using your influence to get the game rescheduled to Saturday so I can see what I believe will be a very good football game between two outstanding programs.

Between yourself and FreeAgent I'm sure you guys can make it happen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WHS

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 4:59 pm

Hey guys I'm just stirring the pot....

This will be Whitneys fourth varsity season. New kids on the block. Last season's seniors were very talented . I think that group lost 3 games in four years. They have departed the house and things are a little lean this year. It looks as if the next several years will be very bright with some very talented kids rolling into the program. Winning quickly has kids coming. many kids who used to transfer to other local schools ar enow staying home. Hopefully the future will be very bright.

I hear Oakdale will be coming to Rocklin. Not sure how much truth there is to it but that is the word on the street. To bad bc I wanted one of those tri-tips and a friday night exp at the corral.

FYI Whitney snack bar is not that good. be prepared
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top SJS pre-season games   Top SJS pre-season games Empty

Back to top Go down

Top SJS pre-season games
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next