Welcome to the SJS FORUM !

Welcome to the SJS FORUM !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SJSFOOTBALL.COM   NEW SJSPREPS.COM  CAL SAFETY  SJS TWITTER  ModBee Forum  SacBee Facebook  NorCal Forum  CalWrestler Forum  
Le Grand plays today in the D-4 State Bowl Game at 4pm..... Del Oro plays Saturday for the D-2 State Championships..... GO Sac Joaquin Section!         SJSfootball.com

Regional Games

Go down 
+6
WHS
OMfan
rocknrolus
FootballGame
Joe Namath
bjim
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bjim

bjim

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptySun May 01, 2011 11:01 am

Just Read that there are going to be regional games what do you think.
Back to top Go down
Joe Namath

Joe Namath

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptySun May 01, 2011 1:08 pm

This is a great idea! The games will do well at the gates and will bring more excitement to NorCal High School Football cheers
Back to top Go down
bjim

bjim

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptySun May 01, 2011 2:31 pm

I think its a good idea to,more exciting games.
Back to top Go down
FootballGame

FootballGame

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptySun May 01, 2011 4:11 pm

The winners of these NorCal Championship game will walk a away with that title even if they don't win the State Bowl.

NorCal Champions!

Sounds and will be bigger than Section Champions!
Back to top Go down
rocknrolus

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptyThu May 05, 2011 2:09 am

I have a question in the playoffs sjs gets the gate,in north reg. game who gets the gate.Some schools call fill seats(Oakdale 3,000-4,000)at $10.00 a pop thats a lot of money.then add to that the snack bar.Would that effect who they choose to play.Now next year Oakdale plays 1 team from central coast sec.and 1 team from north coast sec.If they win out does that help thier case or will the $$$ make the differance?
Back to top Go down
OMfan

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptyThu May 05, 2011 2:51 pm

rocknrolus wrote:
I have a question in the playoffs sjs gets the gate,in north reg. game who gets the gate.Some schools call fill seats(Oakdale 3,000-4,000)at $10.00 a pop thats a lot of money.then add to that the snack bar.Would that effect who they choose to play.Now next year Oakdale plays 1 team from central coast sec.and 1 team from north coast sec.If they win out does that help thier case or will the $$$ make the differance?

If the money made the difference, and was the main factor when picking teams then we all know that Oakdale would be picked if they "won out".....Oakdale probably brings in more fans/money per game than any other team in any of the sections...If there is another team that brings in more fans/money per game than Oakdale I would like to know who they are.

Honestly though, I would think they would take both into consideration.....

Back to top Go down
WHS

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptyThu May 05, 2011 3:42 pm

You have not attended a Del Oro home game. Much like Oakdale, Loomis shuts down. Thier stadium is much larger than the Corral and yes I have been to both.

GB is another with full bleachers at al home games.

Heck, any SFL game is uauaslyy crowded as they are all soth Placer teams and in very close proximty.
Back to top Go down
OMfan

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptyThu May 05, 2011 4:23 pm

WHS wrote:
You have not attended a Del Oro home game. Much like Oakdale, Loomis shuts down. Thier stadium is much larger than the Corral and yes I have been to both.

GB is another with full bleachers at al home games.

Heck, any SFL game is uauaslyy crowded as they are all soth Placer teams and in very close proximty.

Never been to a Del Oro home game. I have also never been to a Whitney home game, so maybe I cannot speak so much for these two programs.

On the other hand I have been to a GB game and at this particular game there bleachers were not even half as pact as Oakdales. Like I said it was only one game I attended there. Maybe it was just that game. Oakdale is consistant week after week with there fan base, garanteed 4,000 or more fans at every game.

As far as Placer goes, I have to say I was a bit disappointed in the fan base they had at the placer/Oakdale playoff game this last season. I know the weather was bad, but they did not even have half of the fan base that Oakdale has at there games. I think Oakdale brought more fans to the Placer game then Placer.

Also, I wonder how many people sitting in the placer section in the playoff game were even (true) placer fans....I heard that other fans from other schools who live in the vasinity, who's teams lost in the playoffs went to chear Placer on.....When Oakdale stands are packed it is all Oakdale fans period!

If this game would have been played in Oakdale, some of the Oakdale fans would of had to sit on the visitors section, much like they had to do when CN played Oakdale in 2007

Last edited by OMfan on Fri May 06, 2011 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rocknrolus

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptyThu May 05, 2011 5:00 pm

Didn't mean to make this spitting contest!WHAT I trying to point out was the fact that some teams travel a little better. I just know more about Oakdale.But what the heck lets get back to the spitting contest.Now there is some history between DO and Oakdale,in the championship game.DO just had to coast down the hill and Oakdale had to drive about 100 mile and to me it looked like more people were there from OAKDALE. and I know that not all of those people were from DO on thier side.And OAKDALE WAS WAY LOUDER. neener,neener ,neener!NOW what's really funny to me is when Oakdale travels some time they have more people than the home teams and have to sit onthe home side.Just ask Vanden and our buddies up in Placer.( some of us Oakdale fans have s soft spot for the Hillmen)The soft spot stops at the side lines,in between the the lines it's game on!
Back to top Go down
OMfan

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:46 pm

rocknrolus wrote:
Didn't mean to make this spitting contest!WHAT I trying to point out was the fact that some teams travel a little better. I just know more about Oakdale.But what the heck lets get back to the spitting contest.Now there is some history between DO and Oakdale,in the championship game.DO just had to coast down the hill and Oakdale had to drive about 100 mile and to me it looked like more people were there from OAKDALE. and I know that not all of those people were from DO on thier side.And OAKDALE WAS WAY LOUDER. neener,neener ,neener!NOW what's really funny to me is when Oakdale travels some time they have more people than the home teams and have to sit onthe home side.Just ask Vanden and our buddies up in Placer.( some of us Oakdale fans have s soft spot for the Hillmen)The soft spot stops at the side lines,in between the the lines it's game on!

Oh come on Rock, you know your were trying to stir up a spitting contest, so don't act innocent!....You are right though, DO only had to coast down a hill, where as Oakdale had to travel. But we all know Oakdale does travel well. I have to say Vanden was very polite and you never heard a word from there fans about Oakdale haveing to sit on there home bleachers.

I know you have some Placer friends and some/most were very cool, (Champ) being one. But the majority of them were not.

You are right about something else, Rock. Not all of those people/fans were from DO. Some just went to chear on DO because there team didn't make it to the championship game and they lived in the area. So who are you going to sit with and chear on? of course your neighbors, right.

I hope Oakdale gets a rematch this next year with them (DO)...sorry, but I still have a sour taste in my mouth for them.....The kids from DO played a great game (nothing against those kids) but it was there fans that gave me the bad taste...(not all, but most)
Back to top Go down
WHS

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptyFri May 06, 2011 1:34 pm

I think Champ would disagree abit but I can't peak for Placer. I know DO attracts a very large crowd weekly and has a passionate fan base.
The SACBEE wrote an article awhile ago on the draw they have at an average game. the number was large but can't recall the number, that was the jist of the article.

The GB game you attened was most likely not an SFL game. The reason I say of the large draw is the close proximity of the teams in the region. Every game is a rival.

WHS largest draw was the Rocklin game this season exceeding 6K. It again will be standing room only. Mind you it is not 30 miles to the next town such as OD therefore it is a one horse town. Old school and I like it!

When WHS played OD at UOP it was a home game for them, right down the road. Same story different location.

All teams have fans that are nut cases and OD is no exception. I have sat on the visitor side in the corral for several games and had OD fans right above me. Talking all kinds of nonsense and bad mouthing the oppisition. When I turned to see who it was I was surprised. Three men in thier mid 60's. I figured locals catching a game, no big deal. my point is they are everywhere, BTW when you win, the chit talking doesn't hurt abit.

DO also will be very good the coming season so becareful what you assk for, great coach, great program. Their Junior class also is VERY strong. much Like OD they were very young but this coming season they will be senior dominated...Time will tell and is why we love the game!

Rock I will have to contact Champ.
Back to top Go down
OMfan

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptyFri May 06, 2011 2:13 pm

@WHS...No doubt that DO will have a fantastic team. But Oakdale will also be very strong this next season, great coaching and great program also. BTW, I will never be careful what I ask for. It is only natural to want to avenge a team that beat you 21-0.

I have a feeling Oakdale will be more than ready this next season. There is going to be some big changes this next season from what I hear.... Lets just say I am very excited about it!!

We have a lot of kids graduating, but some talented kids comeing up also. We still keep our great kicker who kicked the record breaking kick in Oakdale history...52 yards plus some!

Should be a great season for all...GOOD LUCK TO WHITNEY!!
Back to top Go down
WHS

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptyFri May 06, 2011 2:52 pm

I understand your junior class will be strong. No doubt a storied program. WHS lost to DO the week before 27-13 and had it's chances to to break open a close game but to no avail.

Lookin for a banner season for my homies who should be loaded. Preseason is scheduled pretty tough sooo hoping for a deep run...

Back to top Go down
rocknrolus

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptyFri May 06, 2011 6:39 pm

WHS when whitney played OAKDALE for the sec championship I felt sorry for your kids because not much of a fan base.I didn't realise that it was such a new school.So now I understand being a new second school in town.But giving your kids they developed very well in such a short time.And in MY OPINION the Graves kid was the best rb I watched that year.And Nickie B. is a family friend so that was a hard one to give up.But Oakdale 2 Whitney 0 had to throw that one in there.You know I just love HS football and I DO RESPECT your young men up there.
Back to top Go down
WHS

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:14 pm

WHS rose to a Section title faster than any other new school the state of Ca, Not bad for a new school. Sure a Junior dominated team lost toa Senior dominated team in that section title but ya'll couldn't get past Placer so we could have whooped yer arse the next year!

Soooo 0-2, ya cause ya couldn't get to the dance!

We got called for a open field cut block that sprang Graves free for a TD and got called back. Upon review of the film, there was no block period? That chit happens and I felt for our seniors that season.

So far WHS has qualified for the playoffs each year with seniors.

My kid has come and gone but I still follow as I know lots of people in the area and live right next to the school. I really think they have a special team again, time will tell.....
Back to top Go down
rocknrolus

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:47 pm

Those kid played hard in that game they were the only non VOL team that hit back as hard as they got hit.My nephew came up with his helmit half sideways on his head after one play.
Back to top Go down
OMfan

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:30 am

Just want to say Whitney was a tough team, very tough. Until reading both of your post I didn't know that Whitney was a new high school at the time....it takes most new schools years, years and years to get to the level that whitney played......kudo's to Whitney, I had no idea!!!

Back to top Go down
WHS

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:11 am

Thats a nice article of the front page of SJS. Thanks OM, when your the new kid on the block respect is a hard thing to aquirre! It is coming along slowly....

we get alot of flack for being a D4, now D3 school. The other local schools are D2 and play in the mighty SFL. the coach has scheduled up a few SFL teams and until WHS knocks a few off, the respect won't be earned.

I can tell you this, they are the very same type of kids at DO, Rocklin, Roseville. Matter of fact on any given year many of the kids play at a school they really don't belong to, that is how close they are! Heck Rocklin and WHS are less than a mile apart as a crow flies!
Back to top Go down
WHS

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:04 pm

Playin nice just aint no fun....come on Rock...putem up!!!
Back to top Go down
rocknrolus

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptySun May 15, 2011 12:30 am

WHS as Jesus said blessed are the peace makers for they shall be called the children of God.Ah heck I can go to church in the morning and he will still love me.Let's just say I'm looking forward to football season you do remember Oakdale 2 Whitney 0 right?Just because I respect your boys up there doesn't mean we don't whup them!But honestly I do think our D3 will probably be the most evenly matched.Expect something differant this year from Oakdale next year.Hint think about the sec.champ. a couple years ago. QB and 2 RB coming back.And the kicker that kicked the 52 yard FG.He was a little weak on PAT's I think he was only 56 for 58.
Back to top Go down
OMfan

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptySun May 15, 2011 1:32 am

Hey Rock, don't be giving to many hints about this next season...It's a surprise! Seriously though, if Oakdale is doing what I hear they are doing they should have a great season, one that might immulate the 2007 season. Oakdale is definatly going to have the talent to get them to the playoffs and to another Section Championship game.

Rancho Cotate should be a good test for Oakdale. I watched some highlights of the Rancho Cotate/Concord Championship game. Man are they tough. This game will give a whole lot of insight on how Oakdale is going to do the rest of the season. If they can come out of this game with a win against a team of that caliber, it would be huge and I think they will definatly be looking at being back in another Section Championship.
Back to top Go down
WHS

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptySun May 15, 2011 12:54 pm

Ohhh Rock how soon you forget....Those talented boys moving up at OD lost one game that frosh season....on a road trip far far away and ran into the Maroon Monsoon......Those young Cats put a whoopin on them and if you like you can see'um dancing in the locker room on u-tube!!

We shall see how thing play out this season, two really good classes are merging.
Back to top Go down
OMfan

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:50 pm

@WHS.... If the Mustangs and Whitney should have the pleasure of meeting again, the only dancing Whitney will be doing this time around is dancing there @$$'$ back to the bus.......These HORSES are ready for your CATS.....meow!
Back to top Go down
rocknrolus

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:51 pm

Okay here is my prediction IF Oakdale plays Whitney the team that scores the most points wins,that a sure thing.And that being said it's just the big boys that count when it comes to sec champs.And can you remind me when was the last time the big boys form Whitney beat our big boys from OAKDALE.You know we all keep talking trash to each other and there might be a sleeper out there.Do not over look Los Banos they always have some great players down there.
Back to top Go down
OMfan

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:26 pm

What was that about? Of course the team with the most points wins....and what does Los Banos have to do with these two teams....just asking, Rock.
Back to top Go down
rocknrolus

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptyMon May 16, 2011 1:01 am

OMfan just while we are talking trash there are some other good teams that we don't want to over look. Just that I remember that LB has some tough kids down there.And just a thought I would love to see a game between Oakdale and Dos Palos out of the central sec.I have these dream matches in my head another would be Deer Valley or Concord.I like the fact that Trent takes on teams out of our sec.It seems the SJS GETS NO RESPECT from the other Sec.
Back to top Go down
OMfan

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptyMon May 16, 2011 10:22 am

Very true, I agree, the SJS doesn't seem to get a whole lot of respect from other sections. I also like the fact that Merzon schedules some tough teams out of section. Unlike some coaches Merzon likes to give his Mustangs a challenge.

While Concord would be a great team for Oakdale to play, the Mustangs are scheduled to play Rancho Cotate this season, which in my opinion play at the same caliber as Concord.

My dream match would be an Oakdale/St. Mary's game....Last season St. Marys's beat Christain Brothers 38-26, hardly a blow out....Oakdale beat Christain Brothers in the playoffs 56-21....can you say BLOWOUT!
Back to top Go down
OMfan

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptyMon May 16, 2011 10:29 am

Hey, I had that score wrong. Actually, the score was right just the wrong team. St. Mary's lost to Christain Brothers 38-26.
Back to top Go down
WHS

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptyMon May 16, 2011 12:07 pm

Now come on Rock, After losing in the Section title game by a pahmtom, home town homer, invisible penalty, that never came close. WHS came back the next season for revenge!! Ya'll were the briadesmaid and not the bride, we had to square off with Champ and paste the Hillies that season sooooo if ya would have got there pretty sure we'd be 1 @1 !!
Back to top Go down
OMfan

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games EmptyMon May 16, 2011 12:32 pm

@WHS, so Whitney will be back in D-3?....so Oakdale could possibly play Whitney?...as you stated two great teams (Oakdale/ Whitney). I would love to see these two teams back playing one another again.

As I stated in a earlier post, Whitney was tough for being such a new program and the way they played I would have never guessed that they were a new school. I can only imagin if these two teams played again that it would be a fight to the end....Hope these teams get a chance to meet again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Regional Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Games   Regional Games Empty

Back to top Go down

Regional Games
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next