Welcome to the SJS FORUM !

Welcome to the SJS FORUM !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SJSFOOTBALL.COM   NEW SJSPREPS.COM  CAL SAFETY  SJS TWITTER  ModBee Forum  SacBee Facebook  NorCal Forum  CalWrestler Forum  
Le Grand plays today in the D-4 State Bowl Game at 4pm..... Del Oro plays Saturday for the D-2 State Championships..... GO Sac Joaquin Section!         SJSfootball.com

OAKDALE vs SIERRA

Go down 
+14
Sierradad
spectator 1
bullryder00
FootballBill
Sierrafan20
JUMBODOG
roy d mercer
Varsity Football
str8shooter
ENDSZONE
barnburner
The_Whistle
bulldogmgc
QBclub
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
QBclub

QBclub

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 9:25 pm

The question mark about Sierra is how healthy are they.If they come in 100% Watch out!!! this game will be a Barnburner! If they don't its going to be along night for the Wolves. They were missing their starting QB at Sonora.

Healthy Sierra 100%
28-27 Oakdale

Hurting Sierra team
37-10 Oakdale

Until someone in the VOL beats Oakdale I will always give them the nod
Wink How many VOL games have they won in a row 19-20 Question
Back to top Go down
bulldogmgc

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:17 pm

I'll take Oakdale. It may be close, but it will still be an Oakdale victory.
Back to top Go down
The_Whistle

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 12:54 am

I'm really curious about this game. It's the intagibles that make this so interesting. Oakdale played a great game against Manteca. Anytime you get up for a rival like that, it is hard to do it two weeks in a row. In Oakdales case, they must do it 3 weeks in a row for another VOL championship. If Oakdale is succesful going through this 'murderers row' 3-game stretch, all I can say is 'great job'.

Sierra and Sonora will definately come out guns blazing. I think Sierra matches up better with Oakdale than Sonora does. Smash mouth is definately Oakdales cup of tea on both sides of the ball. The one team in the VOL that can boast offensive weapons as much as Oakdale, is Sierra. I think Oakdale has their hands full on defense as much as Sierra does.
Back to top Go down
barnburner

barnburner

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 2:44 am

The_Whistle wrote:
I'm really curious about this game. It's the intagibles that make this so interesting. Oakdale played a great game against Manteca. Anytime you get up for a rival like that, it is hard to do it two weeks in a row. In Oakdales case, they must do it 3 weeks in a row for another VOL championship. If Oakdale is succesful going through this 'murderers row' 3-game stretch, all I can say is 'great job'.

Sierra and Sonora will definately come out guns blazing. I think Sierra matches up better with Oakdale than Sonora does. Smash mouth is definately Oakdales cup of tea on both sides of the ball. The one team in the VOL that can boast offensive weapons as much as Oakdale, is Sierra. I think Oakdale has their hands full on defense as much as Sierra does.

Okay, Whistle, seems I remember the same thing last year from you. Oakdale lost games to Turlock and West, had 5 easy games, but still went 7-0 in VOL? Yet, you and others said they haven't beat anyone yet. Same hard last 3 games this year, nothing different ... one down 2 to go!
Back to top Go down
barnburner

barnburner

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 3:20 am

Just one more thing. Whistle, do you think that Sierra will be just the 2nd VOL team this decade to beat Oakdale at the Corral?
Back to top Go down
ENDSZONE

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:21 am

I remember Whistle saying it was unlikely Oakdale would beat all 3 last year (Manteca,Sierra,Sonora). Come out Whistle and say something!

Next year, Manteca will be the team to beat and then you might have a chance(Sierra) the year after.The next year Oakdale(current Frosh team) reclaimes the VOL!
Back to top Go down
str8shooter

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 1:38 pm

I think QBclub is being generous with the points. Playing Oakdale at home is tough for any team. Sierra starts the game with a 6 point deficit before the ball is kicked.

True the injury bug has bitten Sierra but this late in the season if your not bruised or a little banged up then your probably not working hard enough. You go with who an what you got, no excuses. However there is no doubt that Sierra is a much different team when their starting QB is behind center. He played very well last week and should be good to go for Oakdale.

The Whistle used the word "curious" and appropriately so.

I'm too am curious if Sierra will bring the intensity and passion that they had for the Manteca game into the game this Friday? If they wait until the second qtr to start blocking, tackling, and playing Sierra football, well it may be to late.

The keys to this game are simple:
1. You don't stop Oakdale's potent Wing T, you contain it by sealing the outside runs (Brooks makes his living getting to the outside) and if possible put them in 3rd and long. Your best tacklers must be at their best.
2. Sierra must eat some clock and score points on offense to give their defense time to rest and prepare. Stopping Oakdale 3 backs is like trying to catch turkeys a day before Thanksgiving. However Oakdale will have their hands full with a team that actually knows how to run the spread and do it right. Manteca proved that there are yards to be had and points can be scored on Oakdales defense. No one in VOL runs the spread offense as effective as Sierra. Must get both the run and the pass game going.
Translation= BLOCK like your life depends on it. Give the QB time to make reads and open holes for the RB.

This game has the potential to be as QBclub mentioned a real barnburner. Oakdale is the class of the VOL so Sierra has an opportunity to prove they are also ready to compete on the level.

Real fun stuff. Can't wait to see how it all goes down on Friday.
Back to top Go down
The_Whistle

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 2:32 pm

Ahhh yes, BB...

"Yet, you and others said they haven't beat anyone yet. Same hard last 3 games this year, nothing different"

Please direct me to the post where I said Oakdale hasnt beaten anyone. I dont recall posting anything like that at all. In fact, I even reminded folks on another thread not to buy into Oakdales losses as they proved us all wrong last year. (I'll accept your apology in person Very Happy )

"Just one more thing. Whistle, do you think that Sierra will be just the 2nd VOL team this decade to beat Oakdale at the Corral?"

You guys really need to let the whole "at the Corral" thing go. In fact, I believe it was Placer who put the "at the Corral" thing to bed. Now I know you'll play the old "Vs. the VOL" card here, but every team loses everywhere, even at the Corral. It has to happen sometime.

And then theirs ENDZONE...

I remember Whistle saying it was unlikely Oakdale would beat all 3 last year (Manteca,Sierra,Sonora). Come out Whistle and say something!

Here's what I have to say, it's easy to post hind-sight comments about last years games. I'll stick to the current.

And finally, str8shooter...

I think your assessment of the game is right on. Thank you for reading into the details and not being quick to judge my post. I think it was a fair and honest assessment. Good luck to both squads.
Back to top Go down
barnburner

barnburner

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 4:06 pm

Whistle, if I'm wrong about that, I apologize already. I thought you were one of the many on the "other forum" last year that was saying that until week 8, when Oakdale beat Manteca. I have no way to verify last years' posts, since the old forums there no longer exist. Again, I apologize if I had you mixed up with someone else.
Back to top Go down
barnburner

barnburner

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:11 pm

"You guys really need to let the whole "at the Corral" thing go. In fact, I believe it was Placer who put the "at the Corral" thing to bed. Now I know you'll play the old "Vs. the VOL" card here, but every team loses everywhere, even at the Corral. It has to happen sometime."

We don't play Placer every year, and it's not the only team to beat Oakdale at home. You have to admit that losing just one VOL game at home in a decade is a decent record, even in a couple of not so great years. But, if I have to let go of the Corral thing, when is the first or last time Sierra ever beat Oakdale? I'm sure that record won't stand forever either, but, will this be the year?
Back to top Go down
Varsity Football

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:19 pm

Word is Sierra has some key players with nagging injuries, I really did not want hear that,but its true. Good Luck to these kids who will be playing on a field that says "Heart of the Champion" This represents all the players on that field Friday Night.

Is Sierra the underdogs? The answer is yes. But a guy named Joe and the Jets were GIANT Underdogs and the rest is History.
Back to top Go down
barnburner

barnburner

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:16 pm

I'm sorry to hear that as well. I will still be expecting to see a great game. Sierra has a very good team and the coach is building a new tradition of winning. I always hate to see players miss out on the action, you look forward to seeing them play, even when you are the opposition. Sierra is already in the playoffs, I hope none of those injuries last into the postseason.
Back to top Go down
roy d mercer

roy d mercer

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:19 pm

Varsity Football wrote:
Word is Sierra has some key players with nagging injuries, I really did not want hear that,but its true. Good Luck to these kids who will be playing on a field that says "Heart of the Champion" This represents all the players on that field Friday Night.

Is Sierra the underdogs? The answer is yes. But a guy named Joe and the Jets were GIANT Underdogs and the rest is History.
WOW.....Is Sierra going to have a guy named Joe and the Jets playing for them ?.... Sad Razz
Back to top Go down
JUMBODOG

JUMBODOG

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:22 pm

Of course not wise Butt ROY lol!

You must be an Oakdale fan
Back to top Go down
Sierrafan20

Sierrafan20

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 2:32 am

Pads are popping at Sierra so if the intensity and focus remains it looks like us fans will get to see a good game Friday. As a parent and fan I selfishly admit I want to see Sierra play their best game because I know that Oakdale is a darn good team. Sierra vs Oakdale with both teams playing well is a treat to watch.

BB wrote:
"Sierra has a very good team and the coach is building a new tradition of winning."

Agreed, this team of coaches will have the players ready to go and ultimately it will be on the players to step up and compete.

This is one of those games where if it a broke then you lace'em up and go play.
Back to top Go down
Varsity Football

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 1:26 pm

I would have loved to see these 2 teams go at it the beginning of the season when they both were 100% healthy. I was able to attend the Sierra vs Granada game in Livermore and Sierra looked outstanding!

When my friend and I left the game after it was over we both agreed that they will give Oakdale a run for their Money.
Back to top Go down
FootballBill

FootballBill

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 12:05 pm

GoodLuck to Sierra, I know they are a little beat up,Cal Preps has it 37-17. I thinks its going to be closer than that.
Back to top Go down
bullryder00

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 3:12 am

One of the best football games I have seen in a long time, but in the end too many mistakes/penalties cost Oakdale the football game. No offense to Sierra I tip my hat to them, they played a good game. Sierra 44 Oakdale 42
Back to top Go down
spectator 1

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 3:38 am

Just curious what the penalty for unsportsmanship against Oakdale was??? It looked like (in the stands) that the D was excited about a sack. Was there something else to it? If not, that was a terrible call. I had to laugh whenever the Oakdale D did something good after that, they basically walked away. But we saw Sierra getting to celebrate after good plays??? Please fill me in. Question

On a side note, Sierra fans, it sends a bad message about your talented team/school when you boo the Oakdale cheerleaders No
Back to top Go down
Sierradad

Sierradad

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 4:00 am

Sierra played the best game of the year from the starters to the backups, that was a great team effort . GOOD WIN AT THE CORRAL
Back to top Go down
bullryder00

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 4:16 am

spectator 1 wrote:
Just curious what the penalty for unsportsmanship against Oakdale was??? It looked like (in the stands) that the D was excited about a sack. Was there something else to it? If not, that was a terrible call. I had to laugh whenever the Oakdale D did something good after that, they basically walked away. But we saw Sierra getting to celebrate after good plays??? Please fill me in. Question

On a side note, Sierra fans, it sends a bad message about your talented team/school when you boo the Oakdale cheerleaders No

The penalty for a sportsmanship against Oakdale was because the players hugged after the sack. There was also one I think because of the crowd the story is in the Modesto bee. If this was the case Oakdale was robbed in my opinion.

http://www.modbee.com/2103/story/924043.html
Back to top Go down
str8shooter

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 5:08 am

No what sends a bad message is when you cheap shot the VOL MVP RB with a direct hit to the head when he's down and your players and coach get all fired up over it. Your coach was bobing up and down making a fool of himself all the while a player is getting put on a stretcher. Merzon show some class and stop the whining about the refs. Take your loss like a man!

Sierra came to play and took it to the Stangs in their house. Simple as that.

Awesome job T'Wolves, Simply Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sierrafan20

Sierrafan20

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 7:06 am

Best High School football game I've ever seen. Sections included.

Here are some tasty tidbits to enjoy with the morning coffee.

Fact: Whatever your opinion about the refs may be please keep in mind that Oakdale had a chance to win the game and failed to kick the winning FG and Sierra's Anthony Hall (aka. Superman) did not miss a one and there's the game. End of story so complaining about the refs looks weak.

Fact: Sierra played the game short handed with 3 key players out and several players needing to going both ways. Oakdale have any 2 way players or key starters out injured? Just saying the game really challenged many players to step up and they did.

What Oakdale ran into tonight was the Sierra magic of the Granada game coupled with the attitude, determination, execution, and will to win from the Manteca game.

Does bum me out that papers tend to give most of the ink based on the big plays and play makers when this was truly a team victory and the whole team should stand and take a bow.
Back to top Go down
TimHub

TimHub

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 2:08 pm

Video?
Back to top Go down
Varsity Football

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 2:11 pm

The Sierra kicker had an amazing day 40.45.50 yard field goal in the same game is unheard of at High School level.Some the Posters here at this Forum have seen Sierra play and did Believe they had a solid chance to beat Oakdale, if Healthy. Sierra was not 100% healthy and they still won!
Back to top Go down
Varsity Football

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 2:13 pm

TimHub wrote:
Video?
Click here for Video
Back to top Go down
TimHub

TimHub

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 2:20 pm

Yeah, I saw the Valley Sports Xtra video. I was hoping to see video of the calls in question.

Thank you for the link, though.
Back to top Go down
bulldogmgc

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 2:33 pm

Tough loss ... looks like SJS D3 playoffs are going to be competitive indeed. Guessing Inderkum is the favorite now?
Back to top Go down
bulldogmgc

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 2:49 pm

No issue with penalty thrown on helmet to helmet hits and sad to hear Daniels had to be taken to the hospital. Hope all is alright and he can return to play.

But, shocked to hear a flag was thrown against the fans. And just way too tired of flags being thrown for celebrations. This totally takes the FUN out of football. It becomes more business and less fun.

One team can celebrate and the other can't? One team's fans can boo the cheerleaders. And the other team boos the refs. What happened ... did the Oakdale fans storm the field? Sounds like the refs are taking this sportsmanship personally. Wondering ... same crew that was used for the Edison vs West game???? Just wondering.

Nothing to take away from Sierra's victory. But, sick and tired at how much attention/controversy these damn referees are causing.
Back to top Go down
bulldogmgc

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 2:50 pm

Just saw the ticker on this forum ... GLAD to hear Daniels is OK!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: OAKDALE vs SIERRA   OAKDALE vs SIERRA Empty

Back to top Go down

OAKDALE vs SIERRA
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next