Welcome to the SJS FORUM !

Welcome to the SJS FORUM !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SJSFOOTBALL.COM   NEW SJSPREPS.COM  CAL SAFETY  SJS TWITTER  ModBee Forum  SacBee Facebook  NorCal Forum  CalWrestler Forum  
Le Grand plays today in the D-4 State Bowl Game at 4pm..... Del Oro plays Saturday for the D-2 State Championships..... GO Sac Joaquin Section!         SJSfootball.com

2011 Season about to get going

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
football nut

football nut

2011 Season about to get going Empty
PostSubject: 2011 Season about to get going   2011 Season about to get going EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 3:21 pm

Lets put aside all of the bitterness between leagues...

With Delta, NYFL, and TVYFL underway and Cen-Cal to start soon what organizations or teams are looking good this season.

Any surprises we should look out for?

Let the yacking begin
Back to top Go down
TimHub

TimHub

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Season about to get going   2011 Season about to get going EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 6:35 pm

Bitterness?! Who was bitter?
Back to top Go down
football4youth

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Season about to get going   2011 Season about to get going EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 12:09 am

Both Cen-cal and tvyfl teams are very competitive with each other when it comes to the larger teams.The different divisions in the tvyfl are so the teams can hopefully play the teams they will see in high school.High schools have different divisions also.Thunderville has been honest with his comments about both leagues and it is nice to see the respect by both leagues.It is funny to read some older posts about tvyfl domination as far as the number of teams etc.They do not approach teams as a rule.Many teams contact them and not all are accepted.As far as people getting paid,when you make that kind of statement why not use your real name.That is a flat out lie.Another thing that the two leagues have in common is they are true youth leagues meaning no high school players.Never have understood that.Good luck and be safe this year.Maybe the tvyfl and cen-cal can get together for another holiday bowl.Last one was for charity and was a success.
Back to top Go down
Kidsgame

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Season about to get going   2011 Season about to get going EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:33 am

I think the major difference between the leagues is how they're structured.

Cen-Cal is very competition driven. No divisions, no play rule and very little emphasis on trying to have teams compete on a level which match their respective talent. Great league for putting a team together built to dominate.

The TVYFL with 27 teams does a good job of trying to match up teams so they play similar skilled opponents. There is a 10 play rule for each player and the board reviews games so that one sided blowouts are highly discouraged. There are three conferences which can change based on team skill level and for the most part are match evenly.

That being said, sometimes their board can be too conscience of the "fair play" approach and really limit the upper division teams from playing to their full potential.

Both leagues have a lot of talent and I believe a contest between their top teams would be a very good match up.

As far as money goes, no one has ever proved anyone is getting paid to participate in/run these leagues. If someone is making a living off of youth football in our community and it's known, it will be a short lived profession for them and the league, as a few guys have learned in other leagues.
Back to top Go down
football4youth

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Season about to get going   2011 Season about to get going EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 1:17 pm

Kidsgame wrote:
I think the major difference between the leagues is how they're structured.

Cen-Cal is very competition driven. No divisions, no play rule and very little emphasis on trying to have teams compete on a level which match their respective talent. Great league for putting a team together built to dominate.

The TVYFL with 27 teams does a good job of trying to match up teams so they play similar skilled opponents. There is a 10 play rule for each player and the board reviews games so that one sided blowouts are highly discouraged. There are three conferences which can change based on team skill level and for the most part are match evenly.

That being said, sometimes their board can be too conscience of the "fair play" approach and really limit the upper division teams from playing to their full potential.

Both leagues have a lot of talent and I believe a contest between their top teams would be a very good match up.

As far as money goes, no one has ever proved anyone is getting paid to participate in/run these leagues. If someone is making a living off of youth football in our community and it's known, it will be a short lived profession for them and the league, as a few guys have learned in other leagues.
True,the money leagues are shrinking.The measuring of the competiveness of the leagues is how the high schools they feed are doing.Most recently being Escalon and before that MC which is fed by cen-cal and tvyfl teams.Good youth programs are a great benefit to high school programs.All in all the valley puts out some very good football teams.Games can not get here fast enough.Friday night high school,Saturday youth football,can't ask for much more than that.
Back to top Go down
football nut

football nut

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Season about to get going   2011 Season about to get going EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:43 pm

A post season tournament for TVYFL, Cen-Cal, and Delta would be fun. Maybe invite the Champion from the MLYAC to balance out a 4 team tournament. I am guessing it will never happen but it would be fun.

I agree the top teams in TVYFL would be competitive in Cen-Cal. To the comment that the teams are matched by who they will play in High School is clearly not the case. Look at their divisions. Escalon & Turlock? Big Valley & Manteca? Hughson & Patterson? Ceres & LeGrande? By skill level or level of the program they do a good job of matching them up that is sure.

Back to top Go down
football4youth

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Season about to get going   2011 Season about to get going EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:02 pm

Thats one way to go or delhi,mariposa,legrand,denair and gustine all in the same division for high school.Escalon,Ripon,Modesto christian,Central come play-off time in same division.Turlock,modesto patriots and rams kids basicly play each other in high school.Patterson and hughson actually have been playing each other semi regularly not to mention before that westside(Newman) played every year against patterson and now with that realignment Patterson high has a chance to meet manteca in play-offs and has regularly played sierra h.s. You are right about trying to match up programs but as you see sometimes they do go along with the teams they play in high school.Perhaps I should have prefaced my previous post with NOT EVERYBODY but about half do.By divisions I mean where they end up play-off time.I do like the post season match up idea but that would make for a very long year.Maybe a pre-season round robin or something like that would be easier.
Back to top Go down
football4youth

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Season about to get going   2011 Season about to get going EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:22 pm

Did not realize this post was started for 2 different years but reading the unlimited weight comments I will tell you that it had no effect on increasing injuries.There was one kid who dominated at jv but other than that most of the bigger kids really had not played much sports.That jv kid should have been at varsity but his father was the jv coach.Somewhere between 6ft-6ft3 and around 190 from the looks of it.It did not help his development I am sure.Seemed to be the exception and not the rule.Some leagues have upped their weights but would love to see them go unlimited.Great for getting ready for high school.Eliminates "sticker shock"if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Kidsgame

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Season about to get going   2011 Season about to get going EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:41 am

It would be great to have a round robin with all of the teams from the two leagues. It has happened with a few teams going to Buhach a couple of years ago (Escalon, Rams, Manteca went and scrimmaged Thunder, Bears, Wolves and a couple other teams). It went well but there is too much to prove for some and going full speed that early in the season is not good.

It would be a great draw to get the two leagues together and unify a championship.
Back to top Go down
thunderville

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Season about to get going   2011 Season about to get going EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 5:31 am

Yes indeed.... Escalon, Modesto Rams and Manteca jr Buffs came out and competed and supported the Buhach jamboree 2 years ago.. It was a blast. I think folks lose sight of what's really important... and that's the kids having fun and meeting kids from different teams. Buhach will have a scaled down version this Saturday @ Buhach Colony HS. The Modesto Ram JV squad will make the trip down... as well as Buhach, Merced Bears & Ceres Seahawks. The word was passed around to many other teams, but many feel they're not ready to compete thus far. Special thanks to John Nixon & TVYFL for supporting the jamboree and encouraging the teams to support the event.
Back to top Go down
football nut

football nut

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Season about to get going   2011 Season about to get going EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:33 pm

How did the Buhach scrimmage go and who looked good?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Season about to get going   2011 Season about to get going Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 Season about to get going
Page 1 of 1