Welcome to the SJS FORUM !

Welcome to the SJS FORUM !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SJSFOOTBALL.COM   NEW SJSPREPS.COM  CAL SAFETY  SJS TWITTER  ModBee Forum  SacBee Facebook  NorCal Forum  CalWrestler Forum  
Le Grand plays today in the D-4 State Bowl Game at 4pm..... Del Oro plays Saturday for the D-2 State Championships..... GO Sac Joaquin Section!         SJSfootball.com

more state bowl games

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rocknrolus

more state bowl games Empty
PostSubject: more state bowl games   more state bowl games EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:57 pm

Why not expand the bowl games?It's a money maker for the CIF.Split the game between the north and south,say D1,D3,D5 and an openDiv.south.Then D2,D4 and D6 in the north and rotate.It's a win win more bowl games more teams in them and more money for the CIF! And in my opinion if you had games in the north you would have behinds in the seats.Escolon took what like 1300 people down south.Heck Oakdale would take 4000 down south if they in a bowl game. Look at the Grant Folsom game 20,000.Nothing against the south I just think we are more dedicated fans here in the north. Off my soap box now GO MUSTANGS!!!
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Bruce

PostSubject: Re: more state bowl games   more state bowl games EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 1:20 am

Rock.How many total fans went to the state bowl games?
Back to top Go down
rocknrolus

PostSubject: Re: more state bowl games   more state bowl games EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 4:51 am

from the empty seats you could see not a lot.
Back to top Go down
DEFENSE

DEFENSE

PostSubject: Re: more state bowl games   more state bowl games EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 10:51 pm

How much do we want to water down the meaning behinde STATE CHAMPION. DIV. 1, 2, 3, small school and, open are enough already. Unless we just want to give every kid a trophy that says state champion.
Back to top Go down
rocknrolus

PostSubject: Re: more state bowl games   more state bowl games EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:20 am

There are 6 div. in sec. right ? Why not the same at state?Small Bowl game this year north team 111 students south 555 is that truly fair?I just want to see teams that are more evenly matched.
Back to top Go down
DEFENSE

DEFENSE

PostSubject: Re: more state bowl games   more state bowl games EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:37 pm

rocknrolus do you realize that central catholic is now NOT a DIV.3 but small school (for state) because of their enrollment and I'm pretty sure they would have done better than the other team that went down for the north. Too bad Central with 400 kids is forced to play against schools with more than twice their enrollment in the SJS section playoffs 1250. Then the state game they would play against schools with 500 or so kids. Oh well, it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
TimHub

TimHub

PostSubject: Re: more state bowl games   more state bowl games EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 2:32 pm

How about:
D1 Public
D2 Public
D3 Public
Small School Public

Large School Private
Small School Private
Back to top Go down
BADCOACH

BADCOACH

PostSubject: Re: more state bowl games   more state bowl games EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 7:06 pm

Tim Hub, I agree 100% with the 6 Bowls you have suggested!
Any more Bowl games would just be 2 much and would take away from the Title itself.
I agree with Defense on this one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: more state bowl games   more state bowl games Empty

Back to top Go down

more state bowl games
Page 1 of 1