Welcome to the SJS FORUM !

Welcome to the SJS FORUM !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SJSFOOTBALL.COM   NEW SJSPREPS.COM  CAL SAFETY  SJS TWITTER  ModBee Forum  SacBee Facebook  NorCal Forum  CalWrestler Forum  
Le Grand plays today in the D-4 State Bowl Game at 4pm..... Del Oro plays Saturday for the D-2 State Championships..... GO Sac Joaquin Section!         SJSfootball.com

lions all star football

Go down 
+9
BADCOACH
EastSideDude
str8shooter
Varsity Football
ALLSTAR
Sierrafan20
JUMBODOG
SJS200
Retired coach
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Retired coach

lions all star football Empty
PostSubject: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 11:20 pm

The Lions All Star Football game will be played at UOP on Saturday, June 19, 2010. South Head Coach is Roger Canapa from Central Catholic and North Head Coach is Don Norton from Stagg High School.
The banquet will be held Saturday, March 20, 2010 at the Petersen Event Center in Modesto.
Coaches will be getting their nomination forms soon and the selection meeting watching film of the players will be Saturday, Feb. 6, 2010 at Central Catholic. All the information will be sent to the coaches soon.

Go to lionsallstarfootball.com for updated information.
Back to top Go down
SJS200

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:06 pm

3/20/2010 - All Star Banquet
Time: 7:00 PM -
Back to top Go down
JUMBODOG

JUMBODOG

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:11 pm

When will the team rosters be released?
Back to top Go down
Retired coach

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:53 pm

When we get all the committments from the North and South. I hope next week sometime.
Back to top Go down
JUMBODOG

JUMBODOG

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:43 am

2010 Team Roster
Links Here
Back to top Go down
Sierrafan20

Sierrafan20

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 2:21 pm

Looking forward to this game and the opportunity to watch the talent from North and South compete on the same field. During the season it's just not possible to see all the great players in SJS so I'm grateful for the Lions All Star game.

Both teams have a great players so this will be worth the price of admission. Highly recommend the ALL YOU EAT and DRINK stadium ticket. Had a blast last year and this year will be same. Spend the money you won't be disappointed!
Back to top Go down
ALLSTAR

ALLSTAR

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 6:43 pm

The North Offense is loaded with talent.To start off they will have QB Marcus McDade hooking up with his team mate WR Joshua Harper from St. Marys.Then add a stable of backs including Dexter Acala,Deprey Celestine,Dan Link and All purpose back Jarrod Daniels from Sierra.
Kicker Anthony Hall might be a factor in a close game.IMO the North is the team to beat.
Back to top Go down
Varsity Football

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 7:01 pm

This game looks like a good one the South will have the BIG boys in the back field that go 220 + QB Dylan Swartz 6'3 220,Tim House 6'3 240 and Marcus Sanders 6'0 220.
Last year the team with the speed won.This year? Lets start a poll.
Back to top Go down
Varsity Football

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 3:50 pm

Hey Allstar I think your buffet is at this game.LMAO

Does anyone know who will be the starting backs for the North.Any all star dads on this forum?
Back to top Go down
Retired coach

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 9:49 pm

The players report tomorrow. South at CSU Stanislaus and North at UOP. It is now the only all star game that houses the players. I will be going to both practices and will know alot more in a few days. The game looks like a real offense show. This game has the buffet and it is all you can eat and drink for $35. If interested go on their web page and if interested contact me at waynes2@comcast.net. We have to have a number to the caterer by Tuesday. Please spread the word around you town about this great game and hope we can get 4 to 5 thousand people to the game.
Back to top Go down
Sierrafan20

Sierrafan20

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:39 pm

"Does anyone know who will be the starting backs for the North.Any all star dads on this forum?"

No and Yes.

I'd say it's coaches call as it should be. As I mentioned earlier I look forward to seeing this game with so many talented players ( North & South ) on the same field.

I'm hope the all come into the game healthy and ready to rumble.
Back to top Go down
Retired coach

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:46 am

Its too early to tell. The North has some really good backs so the competition will really help all the backs. Lots of speed.
Back to top Go down
str8shooter

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 8:00 pm

IMO this should be obvious based on the season. This is an All Star game after all.

Stats from MaxPreps:

Daniels 7.73 yrd per attempt, 32 TD's
Celestine 10.72 yrd per attempt 15 TD's
Link 7.28 yrd per attempt 18 TD's
Alcala 5.85 yrd per attempt 7 TD's
Back to top Go down
EastSideDude

EastSideDude

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 11:13 pm

Are all of those backs on the same team?
Back to top Go down
Retired coach

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 11:26 pm

Yes they all our on the North Team. The North line is small compare to the South but their speed of the backs might overcome the size.Any one of those guys could be starting
Back to top Go down
EastSideDude

EastSideDude

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 9:33 am

North wins 15-14 !
Back to top Go down
SJS200

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:16 pm

The North showed it dominate's the Sac Joaqion Section.Out of the last 9 All star games they won 8! Last year the South had a great team and is the only team to beat the North in 9 years. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BADCOACH

BADCOACH

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 9:29 pm

The first half was uneventful,the second half was action packed.QB for North looked great.#7 North made some xcell plays!

The South, Nick Largent can hit!
Back to top Go down
Retired coach

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 10:02 pm

Nick Largent can hit but he was on the North and from Escalon. You are right the North QB Marcus McDade from St Marys had a real good game. I thought it was a hard fought game with good sportsmanship.
Back to top Go down
str8shooter

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 12:02 am

The North's Depray Celestine had a great game and made some hi-lite catches. Well deserving of the after game awards. Great athlete.

There was a group of 25+ paying fans who drove over a 200 miles and left the game scratching our heads wondering why/how in an All Star game the Sierra RB who is the VOL MVP, All District, All State, and Leading TD machine on the North only gets 2 carries the whole game? THE SCORE MEANS NOTHING. THE FANS ARE THERE TO SEE ALL THE PLAYERS PLAY.

Putting him in to execute a kneel down play the final 2 plays is disrespectful to his season accomplishment and was tasteless IMO.

Back to top Go down
colt

colt

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 1:41 pm

The backs coach could have a back from his own school and gave his kid the nod. They should rotate the backs like they do at the Rotary game. Idea
Back to top Go down
MAKEMYDAY

MAKEMYDAY

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:13 pm

They all deserve to play equal time in this game!
Back to top Go down
str8shooter

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 5:00 pm

Yes, my point exactly. I want to see them ALL play and get action touching the ball.

What the Lions do for the players is awesome and they are to be commended for their generous and continuous support which allows the players to experience a week of College type living.

Given the talent and speed the North had on their team I'd anticipated a 28-10 score. No one cares about W or L. We want to see a show!

Run an offense built around the players which showcase THEIR talent and feature them, not a particular schools offense.

For example: Spread the field and put the speedsters 1:1 with the D. Run 10 or so Wildcat plays with the Sierra RB pitching the ball to Celestine or Link on the option play, CREATIVITY, RISK TAKING, a SHOW. What we got was a team who kept breaking the huddle with 12 guys and extremely predictable play calling because of down and distance. Pass deep left, Pass deep right.

I recall about 4 total big plays, a few amazing catches by DePray and the South missing the halfback pass that could have won it for them.

Left the stadium feeling I like I just watched a preseason scrimmage.
Back to top Go down
QBclub

QBclub

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 7:36 pm

They need to get the # up for the game. My suggestion is to get some halftime event or bring in some pro's that played in the game or Sac Joaquin Section(Tedy Bruschi) and have them do pic's and signings with the fans.
Anyone else that would like to ad to suggestions please do. Idea
Back to top Go down
Retired coach

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 9:49 pm

The 38th Annual Lions All Star Football game is set for Saturday, June 18th at University of Pacific. The Banquet will be held on Saturday, March 19th at the Martin Peterson Center in Modesto, Ca.
North Coach is Todd Dillon from Lodi and South Coach is James Peterson from Turlock.
North Coaches will be meeting on Saturday, Feb. 12 at Delta College and South Coaches will be meeting on Saturday, Feb. 5 at Turlock High School.
Go to www.lionsallstarfooball.com for updated information.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 4:14 am

Retired coach wrote:
The 38th Annual Lions All Star Football game is set for Saturday, June 18th at University of Pacific. The Banquet will be held on Saturday, March 19th at the Martin Peterson Center in Modesto, Ca.
North Coach is Todd Dillon from Lodi and South Coach is James Peterson from Turlock.
North Coaches will be meeting on Saturday, Feb. 12 at Delta College and South Coaches will be meeting on Saturday, Feb. 5 at Turlock High School.
Go to www.lionsallstarfootball.com for updated information.

Thanks Coach! Email me when the Rosters come out.I'm going to publish some info on both All Star games within the next few days.
Back to top Go down
https://sjspreps.forumotion.net
ALLSTAR

ALLSTAR

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 12:29 pm

Good question, when is the teams selections info released Question
Back to top Go down
Retired coach

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 4:20 pm

Game tickets are now on sale for $10 and if interested in the Stadium club where we have all you can eat and drink for $35. If interested contact me at waynes2@comcast.net. The game is Saturday, June 18th 2011 at UOP.
We just had our banquet where we had over 300 attend.
Back to top Go down
Retired coach

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 4:25 pm

I forgot to mention that both coaches in the game played in the game.
James Peterson -Turlock and Todd Dillon - Lodi. Our guest speaker at the banquet was also a former player in the game. Brian Peets from Linden High School, UOP, Seattle Seahawks & SF 49ers.
Back to top Go down
Retired coach

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 5:27 pm

The players will be checking in on Monday June13th at 1:00 . The South at CSU Stanisluas and North at UOP. The game will be Saturday, June 18th at 7pm at UOP. It will be the 38th annual and it looks like it will be a great game. We are hoping for a great crowd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football Empty

Back to top Go down

lions all star football
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next