Welcome to the SJS FORUM !

Welcome to the SJS FORUM !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SJSFOOTBALL.COM   NEW SJSPREPS.COM  CAL SAFETY  SJS TWITTER  ModBee Forum  SacBee Facebook  NorCal Forum  CalWrestler Forum  
Le Grand plays today in the D-4 State Bowl Game at 4pm..... Del Oro plays Saturday for the D-2 State Championships..... GO Sac Joaquin Section!         SJSfootball.com

lions all star football

Go down 
+10
FridayNightLights
QBclub
Bond007
Playball
Freeagent
Sierrafan20
Rosebowl
COACHMADDEN
Hooligan
Retired coach
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Retired coach

lions all star football Empty
PostSubject: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyMon May 25, 2009 4:16 pm

This years Lions all star football game is on Saturday, June 20 at UOP. The game starts at 7 pm. The players report to camp on Monday, June 15th at 1 pm. This is the 4th oldest game in California and the only one that houses the players. Please let everyone in your community know about the game. In order to keep this a first class game we need alot of people in the stands.
Back to top Go down
Hooligan

Hooligan

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyTue May 26, 2009 4:57 pm

If you want to have what is probably the best time you will ever have at a high school football game, I would recommend buying the $35 ticket for access to the Stadium Club. Air conditioned seating with a fabulous all you can eat buffet dinner, oodles of snacks and an open bar. In and out privileges and an all around great time. It's the ticket!
cheers http://www.lionsallstarfootball.com/
Back to top Go down
COACHMADDEN

COACHMADDEN

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:41 pm

This should be a very exciting game! The south will have (player of the year) RB Devon Cannon,( all district QB) Trevor Mew, (all state multi purpose back)Nick Batteatte, and maybe we will see (all state DB) Bolden in the back field, a very talented and speedy group indeed! The north also has some very tough backs that will make this game very entertaining!
Back to top Go down
Rosebowl

Rosebowl

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyWed May 27, 2009 2:24 pm

Hooligan wrote:
If you want to have what is probably the best time you will ever have at a high school football game, I would recommend buying the $35 ticket for access to the Stadium Club. Air conditioned seating with a fabulous all you can eat buffet dinner, oodles of snacks and an open bar. In and out privileges and an all around great time. It's the ticket!
cheers http://www.lionsallstarfootball.com/

Sounds like fun! Do you need to buy the tickets in advance?
Back to top Go down
Hooligan

Hooligan

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyWed May 27, 2009 3:12 pm

I'm not sure. My local Lions Club comped me last year when my son played. I emailed: waynes2@comcast.net and inquired. I'll let you know when I hear something. Maybe Retired Coach knows...

I'll be there rooting for the Southend boys!
Back to top Go down
Retired coach

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyWed May 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Yes email waynes2@comcast.net and I will get back to you and let you know what to do. We have to know a week before the game on how many will be there. Last few years in has been a sell out in the Stadium club
Back to top Go down
Sierrafan20

Sierrafan20

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyWed May 27, 2009 3:23 pm

Sounds like a blast. Look forward to all you can consume food, drink, and good football. Lot's of talent in them rosters!
Back to top Go down
Freeagent

Freeagent

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyWed May 27, 2009 6:04 pm

I think the south will be on the stadium club side this year!What time does the buffet and bar open?
Back to top Go down
Rosebowl

Rosebowl

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyWed May 27, 2009 7:43 pm

Does the 35.00 ticket include admission to the game Question
Back to top Go down
Retired coach

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:27 am

Yes plus upstairs for the all you can eat and drink.
Back to top Go down
Hooligan

Hooligan

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 5:48 pm

A big thanks to my wife and boys-

I really could not think of a better Father's Day (June 21) gift than the 2 tickets to the Stadium Club for the 36th Annual District 4 A-1 Lions International All-Star Football Classic (Saturday, June 20) that I received from "Retired Coach" in the mail yesterday. e-mail: waynes2@comcast.com to check for availability.

If your looking for a inexpensive ($35) gift for your Dad, there may still be some tickets available at the gate for this great event.

You'll never have more fun at a high school football game than you will in the Spanos Sky Box at UOP for this North/South All-star battle. Admission to the game, excellent tri tip and chicken buffet dinner, open bar, plentiful snacks, air conditioned seating, and a great view from high above the playing field.

The South will be housed at CSU Stanislaus next week for their preparation and I will look forward to seeing the boys each day at the dining hall and on the practice field. (Last year they practiced at Pitman. I haven't heard if they will be able to use the intermural field at CSUS this year.) My best to the Southies, may they break the chain.

Hope to see you all at the game! Go South!

And remember! Youth football players with their jerseys on can get in free to the game! I believe general admission for adults is $10.
Back to top Go down
Sierrafan20

Sierrafan20

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 6:34 pm

O.K. I'm convinced!

Just sent my email to waynes2@comcast.com to get my tickets.

I don't want to miss seeing a great game and $35.00 for " excellent tri tip and chicken buffet dinner, open bar, plentiful snacks, air conditioned seating, and a great view from high above the playing field" is a steal of a deal.

Gotta support local talent!
Back to top Go down
Retired coach

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 7:07 pm

The sound will be practicing at CSU at their Intramural field. The stadium club is the way to go. This year the North team is the home team and will be on the opposite side. We will also same some seats below the stadium club for people from the stadium club that would like to sit outside. No drinks or food but they can go back and forth with their arm band.
Back to top Go down
Playball

Playball

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 12:14 am

Canon,Bolden will not play in game.
Back to top Go down
Bond007

Bond007

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 12:31 am

I heard Canon received a scholarship, I Dont know why Bolden is not playing.
Back to top Go down
QBclub

QBclub

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 12:43 am

Nicky Batteate from Oakdale will have a busy night with out Canon and Bolden.He will get some help from Hugh Ewing and maybe TJ Belton from Central Catholic.

Has anyone seen Hugh Ewing play?
Back to top Go down
FridayNightLights

FridayNightLights

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 10:52 am

This will restrict Batteate from RB/WR to RB
Good thing is the south has a very talented QB (Mew) with big targets.

Sanghi 6'1

Paterson 6'1

Ellington 6'3
Back to top Go down
RUFKM

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 2:26 pm

Is the South hitting as much as the North?

Article in Lodinews.com says their 3 a days are pretty intense.

http://www.lodinews.com/articles/2009/06/18/sports/3-lions-football-classic-090618.txt
Back to top Go down
Sierrafan20

Sierrafan20

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 2:35 pm

Todays ModBee has a great article about the South including Nicky Batteate AllStar RB from Oakdale:

Check it out:

http://www.modbee.com/2103/story/751799.html
Back to top Go down
Retired coach

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:58 am

If you are interested in a team photo and DVD of the game go to
www.lionsallstarfootball.com There are also many news articles from the game.
We were disappointed on the attendance of the game. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can get more people in the stands.
Back to top Go down
Cramps Tomb

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 1:41 pm

Get the attendance up. Bring the game back to Merced JC. The locals will come out in full force in addition to the usual family and friends. Before the move to Stockton I believe the last game I went to there had to have had at least 5 to 6 thousand fans on hand. Better gate, better concessions and a much more intense atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
Fan of the Game

Fan of the Game

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 1:51 pm

The game should be right after the season ends in December. That way you'll get more kids to play who can't in June and fans will still be really into football. Another suggestion is to bring back ex players from the game and recognize them in some way. You'll get their family members to come, too. Moving it back is a good suggestion, also.
Back to top Go down
Retired coach

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 10:09 pm

Having the game in December would be great but there are some of problems. We cannot house the players, weather is a big factor and I hate to ruin schools that have basketball players and wrestlers which alot of these players participate in. Merced JC is a option and also MJC but we like UOP because we can have a stadium club, good field, some players have never played in a college stadium except for championship playoff, and we house players already. Most of our committee members are from the North and if we could get lots of help from the South then that is a possiblity. We been trying to get Lions club members on are committee but so far we failed getting any. A few years ago we tried to get MJC and Merced and they were reseeding their fields did not want anyone on the fields.
Back to top Go down
Retired coach

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:33 am

Photos of the teams and game is on the web page. When you go to the web page click on photo and it will take you to another site which has the photos

www.lionsallstarfootball
Back to top Go down
barnburner

barnburner

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 1:05 am

That link doesn't work without the .com

www.lionsallstarfootball.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lions all star football   lions all star football Empty

Back to top Go down

lions all star football
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SJS VARSITY FOOTBALL-
Jump to: