Welcome to the SJS FORUM !

Welcome to the SJS FORUM !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SJSFOOTBALL.COM   NEW SJSPREPS.COM  CAL SAFETY  SJS TWITTER  ModBee Forum  SacBee Facebook  NorCal Forum  CalWrestler Forum  
Le Grand plays today in the D-4 State Bowl Game at 4pm..... Del Oro plays Saturday for the D-2 State Championships..... GO Sac Joaquin Section!         SJSfootball.com

MJC Football

Go down 
+28
Ecko1447
JUMBODOG
Sierrafan20
TOUCHDOWN
EastSideDude
str8shooter
MVP
Playball
QBclub
First and 10
The Missing Link
Bruce
Bad To The Bone
Freeagent
FootballBill
ENDSZONE
FridayNightLights
BIGMAC
SEMI PRO
Varsity Football
DEFENSE
wipe out
Fan of the Game
COACHMADDEN
Hooligan
Rosebowl
Admin
SPORTSMAN
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SPORTSMAN

SPORTSMAN

MJC Football - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 12:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

I read on another forum that the defending champion MJC team will have another great team this 2009 season and maybe 2010 picking up Stephan Mathes from Merced and Nicky Batteatte from Oakdale.Anyone out there know where Bolden from Merced or the running back from Whitney(Zack Graves) going to play?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Fan of the Game

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 10:19 pm

Admin wrote:
Fan of the Game wrote:
http://www.mercedsunstar.com/194/story/1002124.html

It looks like Modesto is ranked 11th in Northern California and 21st in the entire state. Way to go Pirates!!!! I think there are around 90 JC schools in the state if I'm not mistaken. That's pretty impressive for a little local school in these parts. I'm not too happy with Laney being ranked over Modesto since they beat them last year for the conference titile, but they just need to be taken care of on the field. Hopefully they'll get run over again. pirat

What were they ranked last year ?

They weren't even ranked in the top 20 for Northern Cal at the beginning of last season, nor were they ranked at all in the top 25 in state. They finished very well, though, at 9th for N. Cal and 18th for state.

I just thought that was really good to be thought of that high before the season starts. It seems MJC has earned a lot of respect from all the winning and talent they've put on the field this past year. Of course, this leads to high expectations, but it also helps in so many other areas. This has to help recruiting for 4 yr. programs, recruiting for MJC, and scheduling.
Back to top Go down
Hooligan

Hooligan

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 3:44 pm

Delta State Statesmen - Casey Carver

[url=http://www.gostatesmen.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=466&path=football]
Back to top Go down
Fan of the Game

Fan of the Game

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 8:52 pm

Came across this on the internet about MJCs Micah Costello. He's a Marauder now. Good luck to a very good player from last year. Another CCC player doing well! pirat http://www.losbanosenterprise.com/104/story/44858.html
Back to top Go down
Hooligan

Hooligan

PostSubject: 16 days...   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:03 am

Pirate Football
Pass Bowl
(thud tempo scrimmage)
Tonight, Thursday, August 20th
5:30 PM
Back to top Go down
Fan of the Game

Fan of the Game

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:01 pm

http://www.modbee.com/sports/story/826100.html

It sounds like the offense is just about ready to go for MJC. Can't wait! pirat
Back to top Go down
SEMI PRO

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:30 pm

Did anyone attend? How did the running game look?
Back to top Go down
Fan of the Game

Fan of the Game

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:19 pm

QB rolled out and threw some nice passes. Running game has some great speed and power combination going with the backs. It all starts up front, though. Once the new guys on the line get more reps I think they'll start rolling. Right now the D knows what's coming at them in practice so they have a jump start on plays. It should be interesting to see how the Blue White scrimmage goes this Thursday. The Defense is reacting to the ball really well, though. They will be good this year!
Back to top Go down
FridayNightLights

FridayNightLights

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 11:52 am

Does is cost to attend the thursday game 8-27-09? And what time does it start?
Back to top Go down
Hooligan

Hooligan

PostSubject: Blue and White game   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:48 pm

FridayNightLights wrote:
Does is cost to attend the thursday game 8-27-09? And what time does it start?

Hmmmm, well maybe it costs now! Sam is always looking for a fundraising idea! Truly, I don't know, if it does, I suspect it would be nominal ( a $5 donation?), and worth every penny! Game time 7PM.
Back to top Go down
Hooligan

Hooligan

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 2:15 pm

Just to let you know.... There is no admission charge for Thursday's Blue and White scrimmage at MJC. Scrimmage will start at 7PM. pirat
Back to top Go down
Fan of the Game

Fan of the Game

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 7:54 pm

Marcus Allen: New Mexico State

http://www.nmstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=9523&SPID=583&DB_OEM_ID=1900&ATCLID=3664365&Q_SEASON=2009

Everyone knows Marcus Allen was D1 talent last year at MJC and now he's made it. He was a highlight reel almost every game. I wish him all the best.

Here's a fun question to think about. Since Allen was a huge part of the Pirates' offense last year, which player/s do you see stepping up this season to help fill the offensive void left by his departure? pirat
Back to top Go down
Hooligan

Hooligan

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 2:44 am

Pirates 26. Mustangs 13.
Back to top Go down
ENDSZONE

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 1:14 pm

I was at the game and was very impressed by this MJC team.The O made few mistakes and had no turnovers unlike last years game against the same team.The MJC QB Panelli completed 90% of his passes and should play D-1 ball in the near Future.The D looked great lead by #33 linebacker Mcilwain causing Havoc for the Delta O making plays all over the the field! GO PIRATES pirat
Back to top Go down
FootballBill

FootballBill

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 12:25 pm

MJC was ranked 21 in the State and Delta was 13th.That is going to change.MJC should be ranked around 15th-18th now.Last year they ended up 18th.
Back to top Go down
Fan of the Game

Fan of the Game

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 7:46 pm

The team looked pretty good for the first game. I believe they can get better on all sides of the ball, though. A lot of credit should go to the young OLine for doing a pretty good job for the first time out. Panelli did a good job of taking what the defense gave him and making some good reads. Cotta and Ball wore down Delta's defense and it showed with the time of possession. I think MJC almost doubled Delta's time. 40 to 20? That's impressive! The D played well being inspired by #5 Yamamoto. He was everywhere leading by example. Their ranking should go up. Maybe it was just the first game, but I wasn't too impressed by Delta. Did they look bad, or did MJC look good? Either way, good job Pirates!
Back to top Go down
Hooligan

Hooligan

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Here's a link to whom is who for the 2009 Modesto Junior College Pirate Football Team.

http://virtual.mjc.edu/athletics/Athletic%20%20Sport%20Schedules/Football/Football%202007-2010/Football-team%20roster%202009.htm

The Pirates host West Hills College Saturday (9.12) Night at 7:00.

Oh yea and go here for stats> http://www.coasports.org/Football/stats/2009/ncfb1/mod.htm
Back to top Go down
Fan of the Game

Fan of the Game

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 10:11 pm

CCCFCA has MJC ranked 18th in the state after the vicory over Delta last week. They are also ranked 8th in norcal. Keep it up guys!

Merced is also ranked 16th in norcal after their first victory last week. They might be trouble for MJC this year. Looks like they could be pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Hooligan

Hooligan

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 1:49 am

The Pirates lose a close one to West Hills 27-24.
Back to top Go down
Freeagent

Freeagent

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 12:31 pm

I know the loss hurts a little Holligan,but the truth is the MJC line had a bad night.The Pirates QB felt the pressure and had a bad night as well.

The good news is MJC is getting their #1 0 player and D player in the line up next week!
Back to top Go down
Fan of the Game

Fan of the Game

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 3:11 pm

It was a tough loss. The line did have trouble last night, but let's not start throwing them under the bus, just yet. They got into too many 1st and 20 and 2nd and 15 downs that took them out of their game plan because of bad penalties. The TD that was called back because of holding seemed to deflate them a little. They also abandoned the run too quickly. They should have pounded the ball more, if for nothing else, but to soften the defense and get them to stop wanting to hit. Panelli throwing over 50 times is not a good sign, either. The D faced a really fast back and got hurt in the second half w/ his speed. MJC has some really good players on both sideds of the ball, though. Let's hope adjustments are made, and it's better next week against a really good Santa Rosa squad. I think it will. pirat
Back to top Go down
Bad To The Bone

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:16 pm

MJC has 2 very good strong backs,Cotta is strong as a bull and Ball strong all around back.The back field is missing a scat back type runner like the one West Hills had.MJC has one but they have not put him in a running Back position.Next year he will start as a RB,I just hope they dont wait that long!
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Bruce

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:36 am

The line is young BTTB ,Only one returner
Back to top Go down
wipe out

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:03 am

Bad To The Bone wrote:
MJC has 2 very good strong backs,Cotta is strong as a bull and Ball strong all around back.The back field is missing a scat back type runner like the one West Hills had.MJC has one but they have not put him in a running Back position.Next year he will start as a RB,I just hope they dont wait that long!

Who are you referring to that is not being used ? The only player I can think of is Batteate who is extremely fast, but is being used as a slot reciever and is also doing a good job at that position I might add. I know Cotta is a very strong power back , but I thought Ball was supposed to be MJC's scat back.
Back to top Go down
The Missing Link

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:52 pm

Cody Ball is closer to a powerback than a scatback.Batteate is a scatback with a capital S! Cotta can bench press 200 pounds over 30 times. Cotta is a Powerback with a capital P.

Cody Ball is little of both but he is more of a powerback. Scatback does not describe Cody Ball.
Back to top Go down
First and 10

First and 10

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 10:59 pm

Scat backs are the runners that "dance" in the back field. Barry Sanders was a Scat back, he could blow a run for 90 yards but could also lose 20 that same play because he was running around and making lots of cuts. Usually a Scat back will play as a change of pace guy, most teams want a one-cut runner to bruise the defense and the scat back to take advantage of tired players
Back to top Go down
Fan of the Game

Fan of the Game

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:39 pm

That's a really good way to describe what's trying to be said here. I think everyone has a pretty valid take on this as well. What everyone is forgetting here is Cotta and Ball were a very good combination for MJC last year. They gained around 1,000 yards in only 5 or 6 starts. That's almost 200 yds. a game. Both backs are fast enough for what they need to do, too. Cotta was around a mid 4.5 forty and Ball around 4.4 when they were tested at MJC. That's plenty for the job. They complimented one another by Cotta bruising and making the D tired while gaining yds. and Ball cutting and dashing around. By doing that it kept MJC in 3rd and short a lot. That's extremely important in football. They also had a veteran OLine to open up the holes quicker so the backs could hit the line at a faster speed. They didn't have to wait for it to open.
I think we need to give this new and young OLine time to mature and start doing that. If that happens the Pirates will be fine. Remember, everybody on this team has a role, that if followed, will lead to success. It takes all 11 in college. This isn't high school anymore. The Ds are a lot faster and way stronger. JMO
Back to top Go down
QBclub

QBclub

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:50 am

West hills had a true Scat back that played a big part in their Win. He did have an advantage of a huge O line.But when they didn't open a hole he would bounce to the outside with his quickness and speed. Ball just don't have the speed to do that. Thats why he is not a scat back.Ball is a good solid RB and should do well in the upcoming days as his O line matures.
Back to top Go down
Hooligan

Hooligan

PostSubject: MJC vs SRJC - 9.19.2009 "Clo Bowl"   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 8:18 pm

You can watch clips by quarters of Modesto Junior College Pirates vs Santa Rosa Junior College Bear Cubs in the "Clo Classic" on http://ysn365.com/

Oh, I like the "DXP" at 22:02 of the 4th quarter clip. Defense!
Back to top Go down
Varsity Football

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 12:01 am

Congratulation on the MJC win over Feather River
Back to top Go down
Hooligan

Hooligan

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 2:56 am

The Pirates head north Hughes Stadium and Sacramento City College to face the 1-3 Panthers. The Panthers lost to San Joaquin Delta College last week while the Pirates (2-2) keel hauled the Feather River Golden Eagles 35-14. You can catch the game live on your 'puter. Start Here: http://sccpanthers.losrios.edu/football.htm Game time 7:00PM. Last season the Pirates beat Sac City 44-14 in pre-season and then again in the Graffiti Bowl 31-6. Go Pirates! 3peat the Panthers! pirat
Back to top Go down
First and 10

First and 10

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 12:45 pm

MJC 53 Sacramento College 28
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MJC Football   MJC Football - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

MJC Football
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next