Welcome to the SJS FORUM !

Welcome to the SJS FORUM !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SJSFOOTBALL.COM   NEW SJSPREPS.COM  CAL SAFETY  SJS TWITTER  ModBee Forum  SacBee Facebook  NorCal Forum  CalWrestler Forum  
Le Grand plays today in the D-4 State Bowl Game at 4pm..... Del Oro plays Saturday for the D-2 State Championships..... GO Sac Joaquin Section!         SJSfootball.com

CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS!

Go down 
+5
WHS
PITBULL
TOUCHDOWN
Joe Namath
Varsity Football
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Varsity Football

CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS! Empty
PostSubject: CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS!   CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS! EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 9:31 am

Lets see who can pick the winners of the SJS Championships! My Picks!
D-1- Pleasant Grove
D-2 Folsom
D-3 Oakdale
D-4 Escalon
Back to top Go down
Joe Namath

Joe Namath

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS!   CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS! EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 7:07 pm

D-1- Pleasant Grove
D-2 Vacaville
D-3 Del Oro
D-4 Escalon
Back to top Go down
TOUCHDOWN

TOUCHDOWN

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS!   CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS! EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:19 pm

D-1 Pleasant Grove
D-2 Vacaville
D-3 Oakdale
D-4 Escalon
Back to top Go down
PITBULL

PITBULL

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS!   CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS! EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 1:44 am

Pleasant Grove
Vacaville
Oakdale
Escalon
Back to top Go down
WHS

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS!   CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS! EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 3:48 pm

I know most of ya'll are OD folks. But tell me why you feel the Stangs will over take heavily favored DelOro..

I too think that OD can upset DO, I have my reasons...lets hear yours...How is it going to happen?
Back to top Go down
First and 10

First and 10

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS!   CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS! EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 6:49 pm

Oakdale has not played a team like Del Oro and Del Oro's only loss is to a team that might play in the open D. bowl game at State!
I think Oakdale will end up 13-1,but next year takes Sections!
Whats your thoughts WHS?
Back to top Go down
MVP

MVP

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS!   CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS! EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 7:00 pm

Is it possible that Oakdale and Escalon could both go to a state bowl?
Back to top Go down
WHS

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS!   CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS! EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 7:22 pm

IMHO only, if OD can man up and vary it's coverage, play a consistant 8 man box they will slow the DO run game considerably. I am NOT overrly impressed with the DO qb's arm. he was very inconsistent in the last two games I watched. He is very smooth with the run game but relly seemed flustered under pressure and was off themark on open rec.

DO can stop the run. OD will have to be able to pass and I think in the short range gives DO trouble with RAC yardage. WestLake was very effective here and so was NU. DO is a very,very solid team but are not unbeatable.

If something is not working Merzon will have to be able to adjust, Taylor is one of the best at half time adjustments. he is a terrific coach and has lots of expierence in big games.
Back to top Go down
Section Champ

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS!   CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS! EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 8:33 pm

Key... If something is not working Merzon will have to be able to adjust!
I'm with you here! WHS!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
WHS

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS!   CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 2:38 pm

I guess this is why I am not a coach. Like to think I am a decent 5th quarter, arm chair LB thou!..lol..

I really liked how OD opened the game, testing the perimeter passing and forcing DO to open it's defense, but it seemed after it's "openers" it all stopped. I felt DO was allowed to sit back in it's heavy run D and play hard. The shifts to weak and runs back side were nice but ineffective in the 2nd half yet it appeared that was still the game plan?

All in all, OD has a good team but they just ran into a better team. Now was this DO team better just tonight or have they been getting better all season. IMHO if OD scheduled up a stonger SOS in preseason they would have been much better off. it was a great season and not over for this class.
Back to top Go down
First and 10

First and 10

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS!   CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:59 pm

I agree WHS! The 13-0 records looks great,but Oakdale was not prepared to play a team like DO without scheduling top caliber team or teams. The VOL was very weak this year and that wasn't Oakdale's fault. DO is a solid group and theirs no shame in losing to a possible State Championship team! As you can see by my earlier post I was not surprised at all by the results of this game!
Back to top Go down
OMfan

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS!   CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS! EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:28 pm

@First and 10....Maybe you already are aware of this, but Oakdale has scheduled Oceanside next season. Oakdale willl play Oceanside in The Battle for the Veterans on Aug 31st, 2012. A top caliber team from what I have heard.
Back to top Go down
First and 10

First and 10

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS!   CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 1:48 am

I think coach Merzon made a great choice to play Oceanside! Oakdale will have a strong team next year and Merzon's Mustangs are going to flex their muscle early in the year!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS!   CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS! Empty

Back to top Go down

CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS!
Page 1 of 1