Welcome to the SJS FORUM !

Welcome to the SJS FORUM !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SJSFOOTBALL.COM   NEW SJSPREPS.COM  CAL SAFETY  SJS TWITTER  ModBee Forum  SacBee Facebook  NorCal Forum  CalWrestler Forum  
Le Grand plays today in the D-4 State Bowl Game at 4pm..... Del Oro plays Saturday for the D-2 State Championships..... GO Sac Joaquin Section!         SJSfootball.com

Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.

Go down 
+2
mustang
DEFENSE
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DEFENSE

DEFENSE

Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. Empty
PostSubject: Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.   Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:09 pm

Coach Lou has declined a chance to play Cardinal Newman on TV at Del Oro High school. (The same game that Cardinal Newman and Central Catholic have played the past few years.) Week one.

One good thing may come out of this Coach Cronin has stated to me that if Oakdale would like to play Cardinal Newman week 0 at Cardinal Newman he would accept. The schools phone number is (707) 546-6470. Lets hope this game can happen.
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.   Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:59 am

Merzon wants a home game on week 0. Would CN be willing at all to make the trip to Oakdale. You said you spoke to him, give him a call and see if he is open to comeing to Oakdale.
Also, is he going to make the call to Merzon or will he be waiting for Merzons call. If Cronin isn't going to make the call to Merzon, then I guess someone is going to have to let Merzon know that Cronin is interested in playing a week 0 game, then leave it up to Merzon to respond.
Back to top Go down
DEFENSE

DEFENSE

PostSubject: Re: Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.   Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 4:42 pm

Cardinal Newman already is playing more away games than home thats why he needs a home game week 0.
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.   Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 5:13 pm

I see, well I guess this game may not happen either unless Merzon is willing to travel. But like I said, I don't even know if Merzon is aware that CN would be willing to play a game against them.
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.   Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 5:53 pm

Also, I just recalled something. If my memory serves me right, when this topic first came up about the Escalon/CN game, I thought someone posted that if a game happened between Escalon and CN that the game would be at Escalon.
So if this is correct, then the whole thing about CN needing home games doesn't make since to me.
They would play Escalon at Escalon but only play Oakdale at home. Maybe I misunderstood the post.
Back to top Go down
BADCOACH

BADCOACH

PostSubject: Re: Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.   Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 6:48 pm

Merzon needs to play this game against CN. He will have a very good team and needs to go for it! Chickenshit of Escalon not to play CN!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
VOL 05

VOL 05

PostSubject: Re: Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.   Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 6:51 pm

Escalon vs Oakdale at Oakdale! This would be theeee game to see!
Back to top Go down
DEFENSE

DEFENSE

PostSubject: Re: Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.   Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 7:25 pm

Mustang Cardinal Newman was willing to travel either week 0 or week 1. After the Del Oro coach told Cardinal Newman that Escalon was not intreasted in playing them on TV at Del Oro (wich was scheduled for week one). Then Cardinal Newman accepted Concord Highs challenge (another section Champion) to play week 1. Thats why he is now looking for a week 0 at home.
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.   Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 1:05 am

@DEFENSE....Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing it up. So is the CN coach going to make a call to Merzon or what?...like I stated I do not know if Merzon even knows CN would be interested in playing Oakdale.
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.   Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 1:13 am

BADCOACH wrote:
Merzon needs to play this game against CN. He will have a very good team and needs to go for it! Chickenshit of Escalon not to play CN!!!!!!

I agree, but there are a couple of problems. To my knowledge as of now Merzon does not even know that CN wants to play a game. Also, CN wants/needs to play at home on week 0, and Merzon wants a week 0 home game. So this could be a problem.
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.   Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 1:16 am

VOL 05 wrote:
Escalon vs Oakdale at Oakdale! This would be theeee game to see!

Uh, while this would be the game to watch, don't hold your breath, I do not think that these two teams will be playing in the near future. But can you imagine the turn out. Oakdale already packs the stands, I think they would have to rent the UOP stadium for this game.
Back to top Go down
VOL 05

VOL 05

PostSubject: Re: Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.   Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 1:38 am

Your right this would need to be played at UOP! The corral could not handle the turnout!
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.   Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 11:56 pm

So, I seen on another forum that CN has there schedule for next season. No one seems to know who they are playing. I know it's wishfull thinking but maybe one of them might be Oakdale??...yeah in my dreams!
@DEFENSE...have any info??
Back to top Go down
DEFENSE

DEFENSE

PostSubject: Re: Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.   Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 12:18 am

They are still looking for a week 0 at home. I know they have some teams intreasted. Alhambra is probally going to be the one, he did say tonite he would play oakdale if they would be willing to play at Cardinal Newman. Could you get in touch with Merzon he and I don't see eye to eye if you get my drift.
Back to top Go down
QBclub

QBclub

PostSubject: Re: Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.   Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 1:07 am

I dont think Merzon wants to travel. Thats a long trip on a bus.
CN should come to the corral for a rematch!
Back to top Go down
thunderville

PostSubject: Re: Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.   Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:37 am

CN folks should just move on and schedule someone else.
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.   Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:02 am

DEFENSE wrote:
They are still looking for a week 0 at home. I know they have some teams intreasted. Alhambra is probally going to be the one, he did say tonite he would play oakdale if they would be willing to play at Cardinal Newman. Could you get in touch with Merzon he and I don't see eye to eye if you get my drift.

I already E-mailed Merzon about this game about 5 days ago and let him know that CN would be willing to play Oakdale, and explained that it would have to be played at CN, but I have not heard anything back so far.
I heard that Oakdale already has a non-league game scheduled with Aptos, but I'm not sure what week this is in. I am hopeing it is not scheduled for week 0.

I will try Merzon again this evening.
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.   Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:22 pm

Tried Merzon again...still no answer. Maybe he is scared also?..Seriously though, I just don't think he wants an away game for week 0. To bad CN can't work something out and come to Oakdale. I think it would be a great game.

Oakdale is playing Aptos from what I heard in one of the non- league games. Not sure what week. But I know it can't be week 0 because I believe this is an away game and he wants home for week 0.

Don't know much about Aptos except they went 3-1- in league and 5-4 overall. I believe they are also a Division 3 team. Merzon needs to schedule some D-1/D-2 teams for non-league, ( usually does but we will see) and win if he ever wants a chance at a bowl game.(Not just any D-1/D-2 teams, I mean teams that went to the playoffs or championship game)
Back to top Go down
QBclub

QBclub

PostSubject: Re: Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.   Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 1:00 am

Any more news on the Oakdale schedule, Mustang?
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.   Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 2:35 am

This game is just not going to happen, though a rematch would be nice.

Your right, Merzon isn't going to travel at least not for week 0, which is the week that CN would have played them. An according to "Defense" posts, CN coach would have traveled, but is unable to now because they scheduled an away game for week 1, so they have to have a home game for week 0. Does not sound like it is even negotiable for neither team.

I heard that Oakdale is playing Aptos, but I am not sure for what week.
If this is true about Oakdale playing Aptos I think it would be an away game so Oakdale will be traveling
I say away because Merzon still has his post posted under "games wanted" for week 0 and week 3 and he is asking for those games to be home.

Oakdale should be playing Turlock next season at home, so Oakdale will have 3 home non-league games. So if they are playing Aptos they would be traveling in week 1 or 2.

So I guess my point was, that traveling/long bus ride, probably wasn't the problem, it was him (merzon) needing/wanting a HOME game for week 0.
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.   Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 2:43 pm

Everyone, Oakdale will definatly not be playing CN in a non-league game. CN already has all of there non-league games. Valley Christian, Concord, Palma, Alhambra.

Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.   Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 11:55 am

I have some new information, not much, but some. A friend of mine had a meeting with Merzon. While in the meeting he asked Merzon about the schedule for 2011.
Merzon stated that there will not be a week 0 game for the Oakdale Mustangs. Oakdale will be playing Turlock in week 1.
Oakdale also scheduled a non-league game with Cordova. I am not sure for what week or if it is a home/away game. And there was no mention of the Aptos game that I mentioned in another post, so I am not sure if that was correct information that I recieved.
According to this source Merzon said that he was not able to play CN because there week 0 games did not line up.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.   Escalon declines a chance to play on TV. Empty

Back to top Go down

Escalon declines a chance to play on TV.
Page 1 of 1