Welcome to the SJS FORUM !

Welcome to the SJS FORUM !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SJSFOOTBALL.COM   NEW SJSPREPS.COM  CAL SAFETY  SJS TWITTER  ModBee Forum  SacBee Facebook  NorCal Forum  CalWrestler Forum  
Le Grand plays today in the D-4 State Bowl Game at 4pm..... Del Oro plays Saturday for the D-2 State Championships..... GO Sac Joaquin Section!         SJSfootball.com

Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!

Go down 
+10
skinn31
lmrjones
EastSideDude
First and 10
BadBoy52
PITBULL
VOL 05
JUMBODOG
mustang
DEFENSE
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DEFENSE

DEFENSE

Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! Empty
PostSubject: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 8:54 pm

Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon early in its schedule for the 2011 season.
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: wow   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 9:59 pm

Wow, now this would be a interesting game, one I would love to see. Is this just talk or is CN and Escalon going to really try to set a pre season game up for next season?
Back to top Go down
JUMBODOG

JUMBODOG

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Escalon has key Players returning! including State Bowl MVP Josh Miguel, quarterback Gino Franceschetti and defensive tackle Tony Vincent, and an a strong junior group! Watch Out for these guys!

affraid
Back to top Go down
DEFENSE

DEFENSE

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 11:50 pm

Cardinal Newman is trying to make it happen. Its up to Escalon now.
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 11:58 pm

As soon as you find out anything, please post. I am a Mustang fan but I would actually consider missing a friday night game of Oakdales to see Escalon and CN play....I would love to see Escalon just beat the $#@% out of CN.....I have never seen Escalon play before the Bowl game on Saturday and I was very impressed with them...they have a great team.
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 12:06 am

@Defense..why is it that CN is so determined to play Escalon now? Do they just want to prove that they can beat them if they played? What is the point other than Ego. Both teams are takeing chances if they choose to play one another. If it came down to the bowl games next year and it was going to be between these two teams again, the decideing factor could be this game and who wins....is Escalon willing to take that chance.
Back to top Go down
VOL 05

VOL 05

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 12:37 am

When Oakdale played Cardinal Newman,Oakdale gave up 14 points before they put in their starting QB. Oakdale then out scored CD by 2 TD's but missed the PAT's.With Joe Montana in the stands and 6,000 fans the Mustangs just ran out of time!
This game was Oakdale's only loss and cost them a chance to play in a CIF Bowl game.

Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 2:33 am

I was at the Oakdale and CN game. Oakdale played very well against CN and should have won or at least had a very good chance at winning. And yes it did cost Oakdale the Bowl game that year.

Question though, why did Merzon wait so late in putting in the starting QB? was someone else starting that game before they decided to put in Devin Combs? That game was so long ago I can't recall everything.

I was reading the Santa Rosa newspaper article about the Escalon and Madison game and there was a post by a CN fan at the bottom of the article who stated that Oakdale got a beating by CN in the 2007 game. I of course had to post back and remind him of the score and I stated that 3 pts could hardly be considered a beating
Back to top Go down
PITBULL

PITBULL

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 2:41 am

The QB was Comb's 10th grade brother. The older Combs had something wrong with him.

The kicker that missed the PAT's was a 10th grader.
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 2:52 am

Yeah thats right PITBULL, I do remember that now. Devin was cleared by the doctor for that game (I think it had something to do with his heart) anyways he could have started so I don't know why Merzon didn't put him in at the beginnning of that game. Doesn't really matter now, but thanks for refreshing my memory on that game.
Back to top Go down
DEFENSE

DEFENSE

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:55 am

Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon just as they play Valley Christian and Marin Catholic. They want to take it out of the section commisioners hands and play it on the field. Coach Cronin would rather loose to one of these schools and not go rather let the commisioners decide it. His thing is to let the teams decide it. He doesn't duck or dodge any team. No its not ego either when they first sat down and designed the State Games the commisioners said they weren't going to reward a team that has a weak schedule and gets thruogh their section as a champion. Sort of how the BCS works. (Or doesn't) and thats why Cardinal Newman and Central Catholic always played because they both were trying to go to the State Bowl game and represent the D3 schools.
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 12:14 pm

Well it looks like the commisioners changed there minds on rewarding a team with a weaker schedule. I really don't think that it is fair of the commisioners to make a statement such as this. Not rewarding a team because of a weak schedule regardless if they win a championship game is just wrong in my opinion. There are a lot of teams who have played weak schedules during the season and it's not there fault, so why should they be punished and not have a chance at a bowl game if they win there championship game. Escalon is the perfect example, not as tough of a schedule as CN but if the commisioners didn't change there mind on this then Escalon would have never got a chance to play and win a bowl game. Escalon proved that even though they played a weaker schedule than CN they could still play and beat the best of them if just given the chance.
Back to top Go down
DEFENSE

DEFENSE

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 4:33 pm

Excatly Cardinal Newman is willing to play the game is Escalon Scared.
Back to top Go down
BadBoy52

BadBoy52

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 4:42 pm

Scared?Next year is NOT a good year for CN to play Escalon to prove something.Escalon will be loaded and can repeat another Bowl appearance Exclamation
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 5:23 pm

Actually, I wouldn't think Escalon would be scared, well maybe just a little, and I only say "just a little" because they don't have anything to prove so why take a chance when they do not need to. Escalon does have a great team, like I said I was very impressed with them. They played very smart had few mistakes and just seemed to do everything right. Great coaching and great players on that team. While I would like to see a CN and Escalon game I don't think they should take any chances. Like I stated they do not have anything to prove but CN feels like they do. I don't believe CN would have ever considered playing Escalon or made it such an issue to play them in a non- league before this year. I believe the only reason CN's coach, players and fans want to play Escalon so badly is because CN was not picked for the bowl, aslo because CN has been there twice and could not win a bowl game like Escalon just did. So I believe there way of thinking is if they played Escalon and beat them then that would make a statement to CIF, Escalon etc. that they would have won that game also against Madison if chosen to go....I don't know just my way of thinking....
Back to top Go down
DEFENSE

DEFENSE

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 9:32 pm

Cardinial Newman wants to play Escalon they already beat Oakdale and Central Catholic has been moved to the D4 game. O yea by the way Escalon is loaded with underclassmen just like Cardinial Newman is it should make for a great game, with a big gate. Cardinal Newman will play it at Escalon too. The only reason they want to play Escalon is because they think they will be a good team next year. They like to play section champions year end and year out. Their kids dont get anything out of playing teams that can't make playoffs.
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 9:49 pm

That makes since. ......I would love for Oakdale to play CN again. As everyone already knows Oakdale had a young team this season and these kids who are going to be juniors this next year are going to be good.... I have heard alot about this team comeing up and with the 5 sophmores that were brought up this season haveing this experience behind them is going to make for a great team. Oakdale Jv team only lost one game this season and it was to sonora. They won every other game without there 5 best players because they were playing on varsity...I have a feeling they are going to be the team to beat in the VOL next year.....But then again these are all just kids and it is high school football so you just never no what will happen.....Back to the Escalon game, do you think Escalon will except there offer to play them if they can fit them into their schedule???
Back to top Go down
DEFENSE

DEFENSE

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 1:44 pm

I dont think Escalon will play Cardinal Newman, they have a history of not really playing anyone all that tough that is out of our area.
Back to top Go down
First and 10

First and 10

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 3:48 pm

mustang wrote:
That makes since. ......I would love for Oakdale to play CN again. As everyone already knows Oakdale had a young team this season and these kids who are going to be juniors this next year are going to be good.... I have heard alot about this team comeing up and with the 5 sophmores that were brought up this season haveing this experience behind them is going to make for a great team. Oakdale Jv team only lost one game this season and it was to sonora. They won every other game without there 5 best players because they were playing on varsity...I have a feeling they are going to be the team to beat in the VOL next year.....But then again these are all just kids and it is high school football so you just never no what will happen.....Back to the Escalon game, do you think Escalon will except there offer to play them if they can fit them into their schedule???

Escalon in now the the D-3 State Champions.They need to step up to the plate and play the best teams in the State.
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 3:01 pm

@ First and 10, I agree with you on that statement......On another note I believe Escalon deserves respect for playing and winning the bowl game. Not to many people (CN) fans are giveing them any credit. I feel in my opinion that CN fans have made many excuses on the reason for Escalon winning the Bowl game. I seen this game and CN fans can make all of the excuse they want. I watched this game along with many other people that were not even Escalon fans and they all agreed that Escalon played that game almost to perfection. Madison is a good team no matter what people want to say....Madison was predicted to win by 3 touchdowns by all 5 CIF commisioners but just couldn't get it done. Escalon just out played Madison, Escalon had great coaching and these kids really wanted this, you could just see and feel that this game was played with all heart....I am not sure if you are a CN fan but if you are I want you to no that I feel that CN is a great great team and they deserve respect also for there great season, but as I stated CN has not givin Escalon anycredit which doesn't show much sportsmanship.
Back to top Go down
DEFENSE

DEFENSE

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:04 pm

Hey Escalon won the State Championship great Job. Next season Cardinal would like to play the best. By the way (mustang) Im not a Cardinal Newman Fan but a Fan of the game. Just ask JJsports who I am. Just as I was going for the Mutsang PLAYERS in the section plyoffs.
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 11:37 pm

@Defense...All I can say is this would be an interesting game. Escalon would be takeing a huge risk if they played CN, if they lost it could cost them the Bowl game, but if they played and won they would get a whole lot of respect from other teams including CN. It sounds to me that they are not willing to take that chance. I guess we will all have to wait until the schedule comes out for the 2011 season to find out if Escalon will choose to play CN. If you or anyone else should find something out about this game before the schedule comes out then please post..

While I am a Mustang fan, I do not have any kids on the team I just as you love the game. I never miss the Mustangs games, but would actually consider missing one in order to see Escalon and CN play.....I do have a nephew who will be playing JV this next year, and I am looking forward to his varsity year.....
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 12:54 pm

@Defense...There have been CN fans saying that it wouldn't benefit CN to play Escalon because they would be playing down. I disagree. Escalon after all are state bowl champs. Also, just because a team is D-4 doesn't mean they can't compete and win against a D-3 team. Divisions are all made up by school size and there can be just as good if not better players on a D-4 team as there is in a D-3.....Look at Oakdale early in the season when they played against Granite Bay in the 3rd non league game of the season. Oakdale was ahead and held there own most of that game, at the very end they lost by 3 pts. Oakdale as we no plays in a D3 league and Granite Bay is in D1 and Oakdale almost beat them with 5 sophmore starters. I believe if this game took place in mid season Oakdale could have possibly won that game. The sophmores would of had more experience and confidence going into that game.
Back to top Go down
VOL 05

VOL 05

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 2:42 pm

Oakdale has a great chance to return to the section championships and Merzon's Mustangs will win another section championship.

I heard a story about what one of the Players of the 2007 Section Champion Mustangs.After the game he told his dad that the Whitney players didn't even seem very upset about the loss when they were slapping/shaking hands .

His father said"Because they know they will be back"

The next year they came back and won the Section Championships! cheers
Back to top Go down
DEFENSE

DEFENSE

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 3:03 pm

Mustang where are you seening the Cardinal Newman fans talking about Escalon? Escalon has over twice the enrollment than Cardinal Newman so that is not an issue. They are both in the same bracket for the state bowl game. So no Cardinal Newman is not playing down if they wrere to play Escalon. If Cardinal Newman was to continue to play Central Catholic then they would be playing down, because Central Catholic is a Division 4 team for the State Bowl Game. All it is, is the Coach of Cardinal Newman knows Escalon is supposed to ranked pertty high next year and he would like to play them. No other reason. Just as Central Catholic was ranked high each year when they were D-3 for State.
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 5:00 pm

@Defence.. go to the Santa Rosa news paper.. click the link that sais sports once that opens, go to where it sais , connection to the action, click it on then go down to where is sais, Newman passed over for state title bid. Go down to the bottom of that article and there you will find the comments written...all 93 comments that have been posted about the Escalon and Madison game....only 3 that I have seen so far have been about how CN would be playing down...and they were the most recent.
Back to top Go down
DEFENSE

DEFENSE

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 7:02 pm

Thanks mustang.
Back to top Go down
EastSideDude

EastSideDude

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 8:22 pm

mustang wrote:
@Defence.. go to the Santa Rosa news paper.. click the link that sais sports once that opens, go to where it sais , connection to the action, click it on then go down to where is sais, Newman passed over for state title bid. Go down to the bottom of that article and there you will find the comments written...all 93 comments that have been posted about the Escalon and Madison game....only 3 that I have seen so far have been about how CN would be playing down...and they were the most recent.

Here is the link to that article
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 8:39 pm

DEFENSE wrote:
Thanks mustang.

Did you find????...
Back to top Go down
DEFENSE

DEFENSE

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 5:27 pm

Yes mustang I did find it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!   Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Cardinal Newman wants to play Escalon!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next