Welcome to the SJS FORUM !

Welcome to the SJS FORUM !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SJSFOOTBALL.COM   NEW SJSPREPS.COM  CAL SAFETY  SJS TWITTER  ModBee Forum  SacBee Facebook  NorCal Forum  CalWrestler Forum  
Le Grand plays today in the D-4 State Bowl Game at 4pm..... Del Oro plays Saturday for the D-2 State Championships..... GO Sac Joaquin Section!         SJSfootball.com

Granite Bay will be among area's best

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SEMI PRO

Granite Bay will be among area's best Empty
PostSubject: Granite Bay will be among area's best   Granite Bay will be among area's best EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 1:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Cramps Tomb

PostSubject: Re: Granite Bay will be among area's best   Granite Bay will be among area's best EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 3:46 pm

Granite Bay will be very good this year. They are always well prepared, which shines brightly on their coaching staff. Their weight room is unbelievable, I've never seen so many weight stations at the high school level. It's more like a major university. They're not always the biggest guys, but they will make their blocks and out strength most teams. Their execution is flawless. They capitalize on any error and usually jump out to early leads before the other teams get their bearings. Money does have it's perks, but these kids really work hard and earn all the success they've achieved over the years. The Fly is very hard to stop when you can pass on top of it. Execution is the key. This team could take it all this year.
Back to top Go down
WHS

PostSubject: Re: Granite Bay will be among area's best   Granite Bay will be among area's best EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 10:43 am

I got a chance to see GB in camp. They will be very good. Only team in the valley that will give them a run is Grant. No SM is not in the class as GB and Grant! One way to find out though, schedule'em up!
Back to top Go down
bulldogmgc

PostSubject: Re: Granite Bay will be among area's best   Granite Bay will be among area's best EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:00 am

That's right ... SM players are not in the same class as GB ... they don't drink on team trips and face suspension.

http://norcalpreps.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=447&tid=130705037&mid=130705037&sid=985&style=2

Rumor or true?

WHS ... get off your envy trip and stop dissing SM. Be patient ... playoffs await where these teams should meet. SM ducks NO ONE!

WHS should speak for itself and schedule a season that's better than single digit in SOS ... OH PLEASE!!!
Back to top Go down
bulldogmgc

PostSubject: Re: Granite Bay will be among area's best   Granite Bay will be among area's best EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:04 am

Hmmm ... last year similar story for GB ... shame shame shame.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/preps/archives/016829.html

Talk about CLASS. Much kudos to GB coach for carrying out disciplinary action.
Back to top Go down
bulldogmgc

PostSubject: Re: Granite Bay will be among area's best   Granite Bay will be among area's best EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:08 am

Guessing this rumor is tied to last year's facts. Wondering if 6 week suspension is carried over to this year. Here is more info ...

http://my.hsj.org/Schools/Newspaper/tabid/100/view/frontpage/articleid/246572/newspaperid/11/Football_Nine_players_suspended.aspx
Back to top Go down
bulldogmgc

PostSubject: Re: Granite Bay will be among area's best   Granite Bay will be among area's best EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:13 am

And Grant's CLASS ...

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/preps/archives/015707.html

Hopefully, these kids learn from their mistakes and become better from it.
Back to top Go down
WHS

PostSubject: Re: Granite Bay will be among area's best   Granite Bay will be among area's best EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 4:56 pm

BD,

Program is building, in time WHS will be a force to be reckoned with. it hasn't taken them 25 years to raise to promience like SM.

I am not slamming SM at all. I have all the respect in the world for SM,it's coachs and players. It is you who is SM's problem. You act like they are the only team around and noone else has an athlete that compares. They are a private school and recruiting in Stockton is something regularaly heard about. True or not I don't know and don't really care.

You jumped nn the GB band wagon just a little to quick. You should know more of the situation before you decide to go public and get down on someone. I personaly know many of the GB players and know the story. It's not that you think...

I don't see you slamming Grant for 7 kids smoking dope on campus?
Back to top Go down
WHS

PostSubject: Re: Granite Bay will be among area's best   Granite Bay will be among area's best EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:09 pm

My bad for even responding to your info. You don't even have the right year. That is last season's news. You should apoloigize to every player, coach and program you just slammed. At least get things right if you want to go public!!!!
Back to top Go down
bulldogmgc

PostSubject: Re: Granite Bay will be among area's best   Granite Bay will be among area's best EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:46 am

WHS -

Not slammin SM??? "No SM is not in the class as GB and Grant!" ... exclamation point no less. Your IMHO, etc. "I have all respect" is very questionable. I am simply DEFENDING the respect of SM, while you continuosly want to slam it. If you don't know and don't really care, then why make the statement, "They are a private school and recruiting in Stockton is something regularaly heard about." You just continue to eat crow.

Apologize??? Your reading comprehension is A+ ... I posted with a question mark ... asking other readers if story regarding GB was true or a rumor. I even stated, "Guessing this rumor is tied to last year's facts..." Note the words "guessing" and "rumor" were used. I am just trying to seek the TRUTH in regards to GB. But, whether last year or this year or both, GB coaches have class to apply disciplinary actions toward the GB student-athletes that every once in awhile slip and act without class. Apologies ... NO, regrets that I have to point out these issues with GB and Grant to help defend SM's class ... maybe. In fact, I understand the Sac Bee was under fire with folks asking them to apologize for reporting such a story. This is a FREE country last I checked. And with that comes freedom of speech. You continue to say what you want to say. And I will continue to say what I HAVE to say to defend SM's honor.

Not saying SM is perfect. Prior years' former SM players had issues as well off the field, and SM and Coach Franks have done a great job to deal with it. If SM does not have class, why is it they have 98% to 99% of their students continuing on with a college education. Recruit? NO! Because parents want their kids to succeed is the reason SM draws students to its school. Every year there is a waiting list. Compared to other schools in the Stockton area, SM provides the best opportunity for this success. And it's not all about having $$$ to send you kids there. Not everyone who attends SM has $$$. Unfortunately, you lack a major understanding of what SM truly stands for ... which is for a good education and a continued learning of the Catholic faith and its foundation. A winning tradition for SM in nearly every sport (not just football) is only a testimony to hard effort, discipline, and every once in a while, yes, a good taste of God-blessed talent.

Yet, YOU continuously want to slam SM and I HAVE to continuously step in to defend them. So if my defense leaves a perception I think SM is the only school in the universe, it's because of YOU. Maybe you should check out my other posts before you talk. I have left compliments and high regards for other programs and other players and try to do my best to provide my own honest opinion on matters posted. I.E. Best QB in SJS ... guess you did not see that I think Swartz may be better than McDade (SM's own QB). I, in fact, question McDade's true talent until he PROVES it on the field. But, when opportunity to provide tribute to players like Josh Harper who have proven themselves, I am simply providing my opinion and discovering it is shared by many. You call it boastful. I call it PRIDE (RAM PRIDE).

So once again, get off the ENVY HORSE you rode in with and stop using SM in any disrespectful manner, and maybe you won't have to hear from me. Otherwise, pls continue and I we can keep on have these kind of conversations.

BTW, I did not slam GRANT for 7 kids smoking dope on campus. YOU DID! And in regards to the story on GB, I did not start it. Someone on NorCal preps did. I was just sharing.
Back to top Go down
bulldogmgc

PostSubject: Re: Granite Bay will be among area's best   Granite Bay will be among area's best EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 8:11 am

GB story confirmed thru a reliable source. Senior QB along with others are suspended for 6 wks. Drinking incident happened during GB's annual trip to Santa Cruz during the summer of 2009. A group of players took a bus to another town and got caught drinking there. Look for either the sophomore or junior QB to start the first 3 games for GB. Heard the sophomore QB has a great arm and had a good chance of be named the starting QB despite the incident.
Back to top Go down
WHS

PostSubject: Re: Granite Bay will be among area's best   Granite Bay will be among area's best EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 11:07 am

Listen cowboy, you posted two links to the Sac Bee about both programs. Both links are dated 2008. Do you not look at what your posting? Posting last seasons news is a bit troubleosme for me. it appears you are out to get the dirt on two programs which are ranked higher then your beloved school. I ask a simple question, can SM defeat either school, straight up answer, no. they also couldn't beat DO two years in a row.....hmmmm...

I am not the only one on here that has commented about you ravings on SM. You love to point out how SM defeated PG. It is also another brand new program. Give Cattalico a few more years and see what happens. They will be another force to be reckoned with.

i have never seen you on the boards over the years. It apears you must ahve a kid on the team and must have blogging puberty. You'll catch on, I'll be patient!
Back to top Go down
bulldogmgc

PostSubject: Re: Granite Bay will be among area's best   Granite Bay will be among area's best EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 12:47 pm

WHS -

Posting from Sac Bee was indeed from 2008. But, I assure you that the news about 2009 incident is indeed true. I have friend who has a son on the GB team and the news I received will soon be confirmed for your eyes when GB takes the field. In fact, my friend was surprised the news traveled out to the Stockton area. Not out to get dirt, just sharing and confirming news others (i.e. CBH4) have initially posted on NorCalPreps. Still don't believe me? Just wait and see for yourself come 9/12. Should SM take a comfortable lead vs Jesuit, I too, will be there in the stands on the GB side sitting with my friend cheering his son and the GB team on to victory.

Pre-season rankings don't mean much. Besides NorCalPreps has SM ranked higher than Grant and GB does not even appear in the top 20 for their poll. Do I agree with this ranking? No. I do think GB is a much better team than NorCalPreps poll implies. MaxPreps has Grant #1, SM #2, CC #3, CR #4, and GB #5 for SJS section. Personally, I am more comfortable with this ranking. Do I think this year's SM team can win against Grant or GB? I never said they could or couldn't. I did mention in prior posts that a game vs Grant would be more difficult, but feel a game vs GB would be more favorable for SM. But, you are pretty adamant with your statement with SM not in the same class as Grant and GB and not able to beat either team. Sounds really humble to go along with your other IMHO's. You sound more like you really have something against SM, or again just pure ENVIOUS they went to state last year and Whitney didn't. Need a hankee?

Also, get your facts straight ... SM only played DO once (not two years in a row). The year was 2005, and a very down year for SM. Indeed, SM lost that year to DO and got blown out by Chowchilla and was out of the gate with an 0-4 start. It was the year after SM won the 2004 SJS D1 championship and lost a ton of players to graduation (5 went on to play D1 college, most notable being Willie Tuitama). SM only returned 2 starters from 2004 and only had 5 seniors starting on the 2005 team.

Need more SM FB history ... SM won back to back SJAA Championships (1994, 1995) and lead the state in sending 8 players from their 1995 team to D1 college teams.

Will SM be good this year. Yes! Great? Not sure yet. Will they be good next year. Yes! Great? Not sure yet. Ask my opinion on future years, they should be good, especially with the help of their recently implemented feeder program. Count on them to at least be competitive going forward as Coach Franks and his staff continue to grow the progam under his regime. There are too many factors to consider to "truly" determine how SM will do in the future. And that also includes the near future. But, considering the weapons they have this year at key skilled positions, expectations are high. But, only time will tell. And only performance on the field come "game time" is what is going to matter. Last year's SM team proved they were worthy going on to state. And many question what the outcome would have been should Harper had been healthy or had the pass interference calls been made at the end. But, it is history and things like injured players and missed calls are all part of the game. Now its just history, and there is nothing YOU can do to change that. So get over it.

If you look closer, you will find folks who have agreed with my postings here, as well as on NorCalPreps. And sure, you will find folks like yourself who are just anti-private school or anti-SM and just get bothered when an SM fan displays his/her pride. You are not alone. SM fans have dealt with this same anti-SM attitude on blogs with their local rival Lincoln for some time. Same reason ... ENVY.

Will GB be among the area's best. I very much agree GB is one of the best teams this year - right up there with Grant, SM, and CC. I very much hope they do very well (despite the early distractions/issues the team has to deal with). And I very much hope SM plays GB in the playoffs. My friend and I will have much FUN with that game should it happen.

Blogging puberty? That's cute. Ever crossed your mind that I may have used a different call-sign in the past? I'm SHOCKED that as long as you state you have been posting on the boards, that you STILL can not get your FACTS straight. No worries ... I'll be ready to help you out anytime you need it.

WHS ... please get off the ENVY horse and stop dissing SM. It's just not nice.
Back to top Go down
WHS

PostSubject: Re: Granite Bay will be among area's best   Granite Bay will be among area's best EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 4:20 pm

Different call in sign? that would be hard to miss with your 14 paragraph statements. Am I envious of SM, not at all just tired of hearing you rant about one team. No SM is not in the same class a GB or Grant. Get over it. Are they good, yes they are but pal, you act like there are no other programs out there and that is what bothers me.

I'll let things go and see how your season progresses. Good luck this year..
Back to top Go down
bulldogmgc

PostSubject: Re: Granite Bay will be among area's best   Granite Bay will be among area's best EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 3:08 am

WHS - still can't get over SM going to state last year and Whitney sitting at home watching it on TV. That is just pitiful. Not rant about one team ... just funny how this post was about Granite Bay and YOU (not me) had to introduce SM into the picture. Look, Whitney is not going to state this year (again). Get over it.

Here's my prediction ... Paradise is going to represent NorCal for D2 in the CIF state bowl series. Want another prediction ... DLS and the team winning the CCS Open championship will represent NorCal for the Open and D1 spots, not SJS. And Sutter will get the nod for D3. Are you happy now?
Back to top Go down
DEFENSE

DEFENSE

PostSubject: Re: Granite Bay will be among area's best   Granite Bay will be among area's best EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 12:12 pm

Bull dog before you start worrying about playing Granit Bay with all their SUSPENDED players dont forget about CENTRAL CATHOLIC who beat you last year. Should be another great game. At least both Central and St.Marys have class programs. How many section championships do both grant and Granit bay have?
Back to top Go down
bulldogmgc

PostSubject: Re: Granite Bay will be among area's best   Granite Bay will be among area's best EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:33 pm

Once someone worries, they have already lost. No worries. SM will be ready for CC. Should be toughest non-playoff game for SM this year. Much kudos and respect for CC's program. How many section championships for CC? So many that I can not count. How bout that winning streak CC posted before losing to CN? CC has a great program and one of the classiest programs in all of Nor Cal if not the state.
Back to top Go down
DEFENSE

DEFENSE

PostSubject: Re: Granite Bay will be among area's best   Granite Bay will be among area's best EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 11:08 pm

Good luck bulldogmagic with upcoming season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Granite Bay will be among area's best   Granite Bay will be among area's best Empty

Back to top Go down

Granite Bay will be among area's best
Page 1 of 1