Welcome to the SJS FORUM !

Welcome to the SJS FORUM !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SJSFOOTBALL.COM   NEW SJSPREPS.COM  CAL SAFETY  SJS TWITTER  ModBee Forum  SacBee Facebook  NorCal Forum  CalWrestler Forum  
Le Grand plays today in the D-4 State Bowl Game at 4pm..... Del Oro plays Saturday for the D-2 State Championships..... GO Sac Joaquin Section!         SJSfootball.com

Stanislaus State - Men's Futbol

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hooligan

Hooligan

Stanislaus State - Men's Futbol Empty
PostSubject: Stanislaus State - Men's Futbol   Stanislaus State - Men's Futbol EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 12:41 pm

Should be an announcement today. Looks to be a head coach from a state university that borders California. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hooligan

Hooligan

PostSubject: Re: Stanislaus State - Men's Futbol   Stanislaus State - Men's Futbol EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 1:12 pm

Dana Taylor, former head soccer coach at Oregon State University has been named the new head soccer coach at Stanislaus.

Taylor leaving for new position

By Brooks Hatch

Gazette-Times reporter

Oregon State men’s soccer coach Dana Taylor has resigned to accept a similar position at Cal State-Stanislaus, a Division II program in Turlock, Calif.

Taylor had coached the Beavers since 1999. They were 79-98-14 overall and 27-58-6 in the Pacific-10 or Mountain Pacific conferences under Taylor, who succeeded Jimmy Conway in 199 and was only the program’s second coach since it was started in 1988.

“I want to thank (athletic director) Bob De Carolis and the entire Oregon State athletic department and community for an incredible opportunity and 10 great years,” Taylor said.

“I also want to thank my current team and the players who have come through the program.

“They have developed the program and have touched the lives of me and my family in ways they cannot imagine.

“They’ve accomplished a lot of firsts for Oregon State and have represented themselves extremely well in the classroom and in the community.”

The Beavers took second in the Pac-10 in 2003 and third in 2005. They also advanced to the NCAA tournament in 2002 and 2003 but were eliminated by Portland in the first round both years. He was the Pac-10 co-Coach of the Year in 2002.

OSU players earned some form of all-conference recognition 50 times and all-region recognition 11 times during Taylor’s tenure.

Alan Gordon, now playing in the MLS, earned All-American honors in 2003. The late Joe Zaher was a Freshman All-American in 2002.

Ryan Johnson, Robbie Findley and Bryan Gordon also have or are playing in the MLS. Many other of Taylor’s lettermen played professionally in other leagues.

His players also earned some form of Pac-10 academic honors 58 times and three became Academic All-Americans.

“I want to thank Coach Taylor for his years of service,” De Carolis said. “The program reached new heights under coach Taylor and the student-athletes under his watch continually succeeded on and off the field. We wish him the best.”

Stanislaus was 4-12-1 overall and 3-11 in the California Collegiate Athletic Association in 2008 under coach Ahmad Tousi, a former Iranian National coach (1978-86) who was relieved after one season. The Warriors will open a new soccer stadium this fall and CCAA teams CSU Dominguez Hills (2) and Sonoma State (1) have combined to win three NCAA Division II national championships since 2000.

OSU did not announce a successor but will most likely act quickly, as players report for fall camp in early August and summer conditioning begins well before that. In a similar situation in the women’s program before the 2008 season, top assistant Linus Rhode was promoted to succeed Steve Fennah after hr resigned.

Potential candidates may include third-year associate head coach Paul Meehan and former OSU assistant coach Steve Simmons, head coach at Northern Illinois University.

Meehan was 82-43-16 from 1987-96 as the head coach at Bellevue (Wash.) Community College, where his team won three NWAACC titles.

Simmons was the associated head coach at OSU in 2001 and 2002 before moving on to NIU, where he twice has been named the Mid-American Conference’s Coach of the Year. He was the head coach at Whitworth and Linfield before coming to OSU, and is a graduate of Concordia University in Portland.

While leading Oregon State to its first-ever tournament berth in 2002, Taylor was recognized as Pac-10 Conference Co-Coach of the Year as the Beavers finished the year with a 13-8-0 mark.
Back to top Go down
Hooligan

Hooligan

PostSubject: Re: Stanislaus State - Men's Futbol   Stanislaus State - Men's Futbol EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 7:20 pm

Here's Stanislaus' press release on Coach Taylor.
Oregon State's Dana Taylor named Warriors men's soccer team coach
spacer
June 5, 2009
spacer
Dana TaylorDana Taylor, who has led Oregon State to a pair of NCAA Division I post-season playoff appearances, has been named the new head coach of the Cal State Stanislaus men’s soccer team, Director of Athletics Dr. Milton Richards announced today.

CSU Stanislaus President Hamid Shirvani said, “I am pleased that my personal commitment to reach out and find nationally recognized, winning coaches has resulted in the appointment of a coach who will undoubtedly raise the bar for our Athletics program. Warrior soccer fans and players can rest assured that Dana Taylor’s enthusiasm and passion for the program will bring a new level of excitement to the team and the community. I am especially confident that Dana’s focus as a coach will translate into winning teams on the field as well as in the classroom.”

Athletics Director Richards said, “We are very excited about bringing a Pac-10 coach to our men’s soccer program, especially one of Dana’s caliber with such a dynamic record of achievements.”

In his 10 seasons as Oregon State head coach, Taylor directed the Beavers soccer team to a pair of post-season appearances in the highly competitive Pac-10 Conference and Top 10 rankings in the nation. His 2002 team won a school record 13 games in making its first-ever NCAA Tournament appearance and he was named Pac-10 Co-Coach of the Year. Taylor directed Oregon State to the NCAA Men’s College Cup and another 13-win season for the second straight year in 2003.

In addition to striving to put a quality team on the pitch, Taylor’s coaching style emphasizes the importance of academics, service to the community, and promotion of personal character. He established a number of support programs for men’s soccer and procured substantial apparel and stadium lighting donations at Oregon State.

Prior to becoming Oregon State’s head coach, Taylor was an assistant coach at Creighton University in Nebraska. That team made two Final Four NCAA Division I Tournament appearances.

A four-year starter and two-time All-New England soccer player at the United College of Barrington-Gordon where he earned his college degree, Taylor served as a youth soccer coach early in his career. He was the Nebraska State Soccer Association’s Director of Coaching and Player Development from 1993-95, overseeing more than 25,000 players.

The men’s and women’s soccer teams will be hosting youth soccer camp this summer for boys and girls ages 6-13. All camps are directed by head women’s soccer coach Gabriel Bolton and head men’s soccer coach Dana Taylor. For more information go to http://www.warriorathletics.com/custompages/camps/soccer.html You can also call Gabriel Bolton at x3802 or email gbolton@csustan.edu .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stanislaus State - Men's Futbol   Stanislaus State - Men's Futbol Empty

Back to top Go down

Stanislaus State - Men's Futbol
Page 1 of 1