Welcome to the SJS FORUM !

Welcome to the SJS FORUM !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SJSFOOTBALL.COM   NEW SJSPREPS.COM  CAL SAFETY  SJS TWITTER  ModBee Forum  SacBee Facebook  NorCal Forum  CalWrestler Forum  
Le Grand plays today in the D-4 State Bowl Game at 4pm..... Del Oro plays Saturday for the D-2 State Championships..... GO Sac Joaquin Section!         SJSfootball.com

Scrimmages

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dsore1218

Scrimmages Empty
PostSubject: Scrimmages   Scrimmages EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 2:54 pm

Any ideas on where and when teams will scrimmage? Teams like Oakdale, Del Oro, Grant, etc?
Back to top Go down
wiseguy

wiseguy

Scrimmages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrimmages   Scrimmages EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 8:28 am

Sonora hosted a camp that included, CC,Calaveras and Bret Harte.From what I read and what was reported,Central stoled the show and is touted to give Escalon a run for their money.The words used to describe Central was Monster in size and skill.With a weaker schedule may go Far this year........ie. The Coach Lou Factor.....
Back to top Go down
bjim

bjim

Scrimmages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrimmages   Scrimmages EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 2:25 pm

@wiseguy give it a rest about the weak schedule,the bottom line is Escalon won in the playoffs they beat Calaveras,so give it a rest.
Back to top Go down
wiseguy

wiseguy

Scrimmages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrimmages   Scrimmages EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:22 am

NEVER B.J. The Coach Lou factor is what it is.To the coaches credit it worked in last years CIF selection and alot of coaches have taken up that strategy.With the addition of another playoff game(2012) the coach lou factor will become even more attractive to the private bay area schools.Oh I almost forgot,when Calaveras play's escalon you can count on a great game.Never,ever give up or give it a rest.Even if your predicted to lose by 30....
Back to top Go down
bjim

bjim

Scrimmages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrimmages   Scrimmages EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 11:06 pm

Wise i wouldnt say Calaveras always plays Escalon tuff in 2002 section final i remember Escalon 33 calaveras 0,didnt know if u were a fan back then.
Back to top Go down
squid725

Scrimmages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrimmages   Scrimmages EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:45 pm

C'mon fellas, that Escalon/Calaveras game last November was great, and it took a tipped ball to decide it. You can't ask for anymore than that. Tip of the hat to both teams and how they represent the "small" public schools in the area!

That being said, don't sleep on Calaveras!

As for the comment about CC, you can have all the talent, but I think the issue is Canepa.
Back to top Go down
wiseguy

wiseguy

Scrimmages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrimmages   Scrimmages EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 3:56 pm

I somewhat agree,Coach Canepa really hasn't come through for CC yet ie.. section championship.Came close.IMO injurys have plagued his teams.At Calaveras and at CC and it seems to be with key players at the wrong time,playoff time....A good example was 07,08 seasons. One key player that comes to mind was MVP,MLL Jake Mote RB/LB,Canepa lost him both years just before playoffs.Jake was healthy his senior year but Canepa gone.
Back to top Go down
squid725

Scrimmages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrimmages   Scrimmages EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 5:28 pm

Weatherby is a very good coach who has definitely improved the Calaveras program, and while that's usually bad news for the other teams in the MLL, I think the competition might just be getting better. Argo is steady and I think has a chance to challenge, Amador shocked the Redskins last year and are steadily improving under Baker - they should lock up the three spot. Summerville is in their first year post-Roberson, so you just don't know what to expect from them, Linden usually gives one team a suprise every year, and then there's BH.
Back to top Go down
wiseguy

wiseguy

Scrimmages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrimmages   Scrimmages EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 3:27 am

I was disappointed that Coach Weatherby didn't get the nod at the Loins all-star game for the north.Coach Clark defensive coordinator did an excellent job last year especially in the playoffs.I just can't wait for this season to start.This year will really put Weatherby's coaching staff to the test,such a young team.....Argo,Cal,summrvill,Amador,Linden,BH. Thats the way it will end up....And Calaveras will once again make the playoffs,Only second to Grant high in consecutive playoff appearances... GO SKINS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scrimmages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrimmages   Scrimmages Empty

Back to top Go down

Scrimmages
Page 1 of 1