Welcome to the SJS FORUM !

Welcome to the SJS FORUM !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SJSFOOTBALL.COM   NEW SJSPREPS.COM  CAL SAFETY  SJS TWITTER  ModBee Forum  SacBee Facebook  NorCal Forum  CalWrestler Forum  
Le Grand plays today in the D-4 State Bowl Game at 4pm..... Del Oro plays Saturday for the D-2 State Championships..... GO Sac Joaquin Section!         SJSfootball.com

ALL-STARR M.V.P.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wiseguy

wiseguy

ALL-STARR M.V.P. Empty
PostSubject: ALL-STARR M.V.P.   ALL-STARR M.V.P. EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:24 am

A great night for Calaveras's RB/SS Mayhem Monti Wilson 8 tackles 4 asst. 1 int 3 bat downs and 4 Monster hits.Monti looked like a Man with something to prove and last night he did just that.I hope that someone from a four year university watched that game.Monti is headed to Southern Oregon to play for the Raiders.It should be Oregon or Oregon state,because this kid sure can play.....I almost forgot. The final score was North 21 South 6. Here is something for the record books, Coach Weatherby was MVP in 1983 and now his player Monti Wilson is 2011 MVP. Thats AWESOME !!!!
Back to top Go down
Fan of the Game

Fan of the Game

ALL-STARR M.V.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALL-STARR M.V.P.   ALL-STARR M.V.P. EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:36 pm

What's wrong with Southern Oregon? Aren't they a four year university? It's a great accomplishment if a kid gets a chance to continue to play ball while getting an education for free. DI or DII, it's NCAA football w/ schollys. If you're good enough, you'll play and get noticed. People forget there are thousands of kids across the country, just as good, hunting for these scholorships in DI and DII. Education is the key!!
Back to top Go down
wiseguy

wiseguy

ALL-STARR M.V.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALL-STARR M.V.P.   ALL-STARR M.V.P. EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:24 pm

There is nothing wrong with SOU.All that you said was ture and I whole hartily agree,and im sure Monti will take full advantage of eveything that comes his way.I still think he deserve's what comes with the award of MVP in the second largest section.Maybe alittle bias but you read about a player with less stats ect.and he goes to a big 10 school and Im sure its more than good enough to get noticed...
Back to top Go down
Fan of the Game

Fan of the Game

ALL-STARR M.V.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALL-STARR M.V.P.   ALL-STARR M.V.P. EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 2:38 am

wiseguy wrote:
There is nothing wrong with SOU.All that you said was ture and I whole hartily agree,and im sure Monti will take full advantage of eveything that comes his way.I still think he deserve's what comes with the award of MVP in the second largest section.Maybe alittle bias but you read about a player with less stats ect.and he goes to a big 10 school and Im sure its more than good enough to get noticed...

What should come with the award of MVP from an all star game? A scholorship? Now that's a way for these games to spark up more interest. Who's the player going to a big 10 school? I'm sure he's pretty good. Maybe the player had the size and weight they look for, or maybe his coach actually helped him get looked at by these schools. We know that doesn't happen everywhere. It's sad, but these big schools look at the players that fit the mold they want. I think it's bull, but that's the way it is in college. Hey, walk on and earn a spot on the "BIG TIME" team if that's what's wanted.
Back to top Go down
wiseguy

wiseguy

ALL-STARR M.V.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALL-STARR M.V.P.   ALL-STARR M.V.P. EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 7:21 pm

Right on Fan,MONEY plays a big part.The mold aspect is BULL! and that player going to the big ten,RB out of Lodi, Jordan Perkins goin to NW. I guess helps to have poeple in high places or money.Maybe im wrong but I dont think so.From what I've seen and researched I fale to see talent...
Back to top Go down
First and 10

First and 10

ALL-STARR M.V.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALL-STARR M.V.P.   ALL-STARR M.V.P. EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 12:27 am

Im not sure ,but I think the MVP of the Super Bowl walked on at Cal! I know he played for a local JC!
Back to top Go down
First and 10

First and 10

ALL-STARR M.V.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALL-STARR M.V.P.   ALL-STARR M.V.P. EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 12:31 am

Ok I found something on Rogers!
Despite his record-setting statistics, Rodgers, who measured at 5-foot-10 and weighed 165 pounds as a senior, both undersized for Division I quarterbacks, garnered little interest from programs with only one offer, that of a walk-on from Illinois. He declined the invitation and attended Butte Community College in Oroville, about 15 miles (25 km) southeast of Chico.
Back to top Go down
Sierrafan20

Sierrafan20

ALL-STARR M.V.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALL-STARR M.V.P.   ALL-STARR M.V.P. EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:16 pm

Fan of the Game wrote:
What's wrong with Southern Oregon? Aren't they a four year university? It's a great accomplishment if a kid gets a chance to continue to play ball while getting an education for free. DI or DII, it's NCAA football w/ schollys. If you're good enough, you'll play and get noticed. People forget there are thousands of kids across the country, just as good, hunting for these scholorships in DI and DII. Education is the key!!

Amen Fan.. As a dad nothing makes me happier than to see student athletes earning the opportunity to receive financial aide for school and playing a game they love. We know majority will not go onto the NFL but if they work hard in the classroom they will come away with a degree.

BTW, I read Tim Tebow's book "Through my eyes"
This man is Not From This World!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ALL-STARR M.V.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALL-STARR M.V.P.   ALL-STARR M.V.P. Empty

Back to top Go down

ALL-STARR M.V.P.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SJS VARSITY FOOTBALL-
Jump to: