Welcome to the SJS FORUM !

Welcome to the SJS FORUM !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SJSFOOTBALL.COM   NEW SJSPREPS.COM  CAL SAFETY  SJS TWITTER  ModBee Forum  SacBee Facebook  NorCal Forum  CalWrestler Forum  
Le Grand plays today in the D-4 State Bowl Game at 4pm..... Del Oro plays Saturday for the D-2 State Championships..... GO Sac Joaquin Section!         SJSfootball.com

Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011

Go down 
+6
BOBS
rocknrolus
QBclub
FootballGame
mustang
First and 10
10 posters
AuthorMessage
First and 10

First and 10

Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 12:35 am

I hope we can this thread going.
Just for a start I like Grant this year they are getting Shaq back!
Escalon the 2010 state champs will get there QB and starting back again!
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 1:51 am

Escalon should be really really good. I think they will have a great chance at another SBG.
Grant will be a good/great team. As you already probably know, Poly will be traveling North to play Grant in pre season. Should be a great game.
Back to top Go down
FootballGame

FootballGame

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:11 am

The Grant vs Poly game will give us a good look at Grant early in the season! They need to keep Shaq healthy and try to use him as little as they can against weaker teams.
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 12:55 pm

Oakdale will have a great team. Oakdales JV won all but 1 game this season. I believe their only loss was to Sonora.
I would like to remind everyone that the JV team won all of these games without their 5 best players, whom were all moved up to starting positions on Varsity. These boys are good and helped get the Mustangs to a Championship game.
The 5 starters that were moved up to Varsity and the JV team are all going to be back together on Varsity next season and are going to be a tough team to beat in the VOL.
I don't want to jump to far ahead, but I feel they might have a good/great shot at makeing it to another Championship game.
Back to top Go down
QBclub

QBclub

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 1:51 pm

I have had my eye on this Oakdale group since they were in 8th grade.
I seen them play at the Pop Warner level.I knew right then they were special. I want to give Pop Warner Coach Jason Rowe Props for bringing these kids up and preparing them for High School football!
His players have Section Championships under their belts and and it looks like this group could do the same.

I waited a long time to watch the class of 2009 get together with 2008 and the results have made Oakdale Football History.

Coach Rowe coached a lot of the top players on these teams and some are still playing at the college level.

Jason dont get paid for his efforts and time and just sits quietly at the Oakdale football games,but you can see the pride on his face. If you guys ever get a chance go shake his hand and give him a BIG Thanks for all he has done for Oakdale football!!

Thanks to our unsung Oakdale hero Jason Rowe!
Back to top Go down
rocknrolus

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 4:58 am

didn't Sonora JV team go 10-0? If so they might give Escolon a run in D4.
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 12:32 pm

Yes, Sonora JV team went 10-0. They had a perfect season. They will be tough also. I think Oakdale will have to worry about Sonora this next season more than any other team in the VOL.

Question?, you said Sonora might give Escalon a run in D-4. Are you talking in the playoffs?

Back to top Go down
BOBS

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 12:47 pm

Escalon will be loaded next year.Star QB and RB returning. I really don't think Sonora would have a chance to beat Escalon next year!
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 1:16 pm

@BOB... Escalon is going to be tough this next year and have some star returners, but Sonora is also going to be loaded with talent. You stated that Sonora wouldn't have a chance to beat Escalon next year. I have to dissagree. As I stated, I think Oakdale should be a little worried about this team, and if Oakdale needs to be a little worried, I think Escalon should be really worried if they were to play.

I could be wrong, but that's the way I see it right now.
Back to top Go down
BOBS

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 1:24 pm

Mustang, Why do think you so highly of Sonora next year! Key returning players? How many returning juniors will they have? Do you have more details? An undefeated JV teams don't sell this team to me compared to a State Champion Escalon and a Section Finalist (Oakdale) loaded with returning players. scratch
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 8:19 pm

Sonora had a young team this season, half of there starters were juniors and started on both sides of the ball. So yes, they do have alot of returning players/talent returning next season.

Danaun Davis- FB
Mark Relei- Receiver
Nolan Dambacher-FB/RB
Dylan Fernandes
Austin Davis
Karson Kanaday-reciever
Kyle Loyd
Ian Fremd-center
Drew Dorroh-OL
Bobby Lertoro-OL
Sammy Guthrie-OL

Also, I believe the QB Ryan Emerald will be a returning. He completed 64 out of 116 passes for 1086 yrds,. 17 touchdowns with only 4 interceptions. He is also the leading rusher with 613 yards.

This is just nameing a few on offense who are returning, and I didn't even name the starting defensive players who are returning.

With these returners and the good/great JV team who will be on varsity next season I think they are going to be really good.

Back to top Go down
BOBS

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 11:26 pm

[quote="mustang"]Sonora had a young team this season, half of there starters were juniors and started on both sides of the ball. So yes, they do have alot of returning players/talent returning next season.

Danaun Davis- FB
Mark Relei- Receiver
Nolan Dambacher-FB/RB
Dylan Fernandes
Austin Davis
Karson Kanaday-reciever
Kyle Loyd
Ian Fremd-center
Drew Dorroh-OL
Bobby Lertoro-OL

Sammy Guthrie-OL

Also, I believe the QB Ryan Emerald will be a returning. He completed 64 out of 116 passes for 1086 yrds,. 17 touchdowns with only 4 interceptions. He is also the leading rusher with 613 yards.

This is just nameing a few on offense who are returning, and I didn't even name the starting defensive players who are returning.

With these returners and the good/great JV team who will be on varsity next season I think they are going to be really good

Thanks for the info Mustangs,with this many players returning they should do well.

Back to top Go down
bjim

bjim

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 2:08 am

mustang wrote:
@BOB... Escalon is going to be tough this next year and have some star returners, but Sonora is also going to be loaded with talent. You stated that Sonora wouldn't have a chance to beat Escalon next year. I have to dissagree. As I stated, I think Oakdale should be a little worried about this team, and if Oakdale needs to be a little worried, I think Escalon should be really worried if they were to play.

I could be wrong, but that's the way I see it right now.

If Oakdale should be a little worried why should escalon be reallllllly worried?I didnt know Oakdale was the measuring stick.
Back to top Go down
First and 10

First and 10

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 3:04 am

Escalon,Oakdale,Sonora? This is getting good! Maybe we should get a Madden Poll on this one.
Poll...." If these 3 teams had their own league in 2011 ,who would win?"

Coach Madden,where are you?
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 12:07 pm

@bjim...I didn't mean to make it sound like Oakdale was the measuring stick so I apologize if it sounds that way.
Even though Escalon is a great team with a bowl game behind them, I just don't think that they would be able to beat the Mustangs.

As QB club stated in his post, he has had his eye on this upcomeing mustang squad for a long time and so has alot of other people in this town. This Oakdale squad is probably going to be one of the best. From what I understand there were only a few senior starters last year and the rest were juniors and sophmores. The sophmore class that is comeing up are extremely good and with them all together again I think they will be unstoppable.

I said the Mustangs would have to worry about Sonora because they do have a lot of returners and a very very good JV team comeing up. While I do not think that Sonora would win, I do feel they are going to give us a run for our money this next season. (2nd best team in the VOL).
By the way I would love nothing more to be wrong about Sonora after all they are Oakdales biggest rival.

While we get to find out who the better team is between Oakdale and Sonora, unfortunatly we will never get a chance to find out what the outcome would be for an Oakdale/Escalon game, so I believe it is slightly unfair to put them in this poll.
All in all, Escalon, Oakdale , and Sonora are 3 great programs and I have nothing but respect for all 3 teams and wish all 3 the best of luck next season.

Back to top Go down
rocknrolus

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 5:06 am

I have a question does anyone know the last time Sonora played Escalon?Now before any Escalon fans jump on me (next to Oakdale my favorite team is Escalon) IF Placer is D4 next year Escalon will have it's hands full! That's a class program up there.They have a lot of returning players to.
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 12:10 am

@rocknrolus...I am not exactly sure the last time Escalon and Oakdale played, but I asked someone not to long ago about it, and if I recall, it was more than 10 years ago.

Is Placer going back to D-4 next year? If so, I agree with you rocknrolus, Escalon would have their hands full.

By the way, I am also a fan of Escalon...even went to the parade!
Back to top Go down
WHS

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:58 pm

So the Oakdale Juniors will have only lost two games going into next year? They lost big to Whitneu with all thier players and then to Sonora minus5. Thats pretty dran good! Three years ago DO had a group lose two games in four years. and undefeated run in the SFL! That is big
Back to top Go down
QBclub

QBclub

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:36 am

Oakdale class of 2009 went 28-0 in VOL League games in a four year span!

Welcome back WHS,keep us posted on your side of the woods Wink
Back to top Go down
VOL 05

VOL 05

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:43 am

Merzon moved 5 sophomore's up Varsity and I heard the JV team still had a solid year!
Back to top Go down
WHS

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:34 pm

28-0 in league, what was the overall record?
Back to top Go down
QBclub

QBclub

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:11 pm

WHS wrote:
28-0 in league, what was the overall record?

The first 3 years they were 32-3
The last year they went 8-3..... 7-0 n the VOL with 16 starting Juniors

40-6
Back to top Go down
Varsity Football

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:49 pm

WHS,What do you think of Del Oro next year. Could Oakdale and DO have are rematch or did DO lose too many players?
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:54 pm

I would like to see another DO/Oakdale rematch. DO is a good team and played a good but not a great game. I thought DO would have played better offensivly from all of the hype comeing from all of the DO fans.

Only 1 play on offense is all they had all night. There defense on the other hand played great. Oakdale just couldn't score against them. Although Oakdale did have there chances several times.

If it weren't for two key plays that DO made; an interception, as Oakdale was going in for a touchdown and a special teams K.O return, Oakdale would have been in that game and possibly won.

Oakdale played great defense. DO had a hard time running the ball against Oakdale.

I think if they were to meet again the score would be a little different. I
am not saying that Oakdale would win, but I believe with the sophmores
experience playing at the Varsity level they are going to be even better this next season no doubt about it.

Oakdale played tough, regardless what the score said.
I remember reading on a forum, not sure which one, but someone posted "that was easy" referring to DO beating Oakdale.
I never responded to that post, but I would of liked to have told whom ever post that statement that he needed to watch the interview with a DO player who when being interviewed was trying to catch his breath while being asked questions and finally had to aplogize to the interviewer for not being able to answer the questions fast enough and said, "SORRY, BUT THEY WERE TOUGH"

Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:12 pm

By the way, the reason for shareing that story at the end of my last post was just to say that if that player felt that way then I am sure the whole team did, and this statement comeing from a player that plays in a tough league, D-2, made this statement about Oakdale who had such a young team, mostly juniors and 5 sophmore starters, then one can only imagine how much more tough they will be this next season.
Back to top Go down
WHS

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:25 pm

Varsity,

DO will be loaded. #5 RB was a soph. OD is not the only school that has players up. DO was a junior dominated team, that group of players never lost in 8th,9th or 10 grades respectivley. they know how to win. They also have a solid JV team moving up. IMHO, if you thought they were tough this year, give them a season and they will be much like teams of the past. they also have two BIG O-line guys that can play moving up.

Mustang,

If WHS had not had a penalty at the 1 or fumbled a snap inside the 5, dropped a fer sure TD in the end zone or missed a chip shot FG from the 10, I could say they would have won? See my point? They didn't get the job done and niether did OD. Do was the champs. Next season I say!

WHS will be very good next season. They have two very good classes blending. Time will tell how things play out. I look for a deep run in the off's. Just my opinion thou and I have been wrong plenty of times before!!
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 1:14 pm

WHS wrote:
Varsity,

DO will be loaded. #5 RB was a soph. OD is not the only school that has players up. DO was a junior dominated team, that group of players never lost in 8th,9th or 10 grades respectivley. they know how to win. They also have a solid JV team moving up. IMHO, if you thought they were tough this year, give them a season and they will be much like teams of the past. they also have two BIG O-line guys that can play moving up.

Mustang,

If WHS had not had a penalty at the 1 or fumbled a snap inside the 5, dropped a fer sure TD in the end zone or missed a chip shot FG from the 10, I could say they would have won? See my point? They didn't get the job done and niether did OD. Do was the champs. Next season I say!

WHS will be very good next season. They have two very good classes blending. Time will tell how things play out. I look for a deep run in the off's. Just my opinion thou and I have been wrong plenty of times before!!

I know DO will have another great team, maybe even better then this years team. I also know that Whitney is going to have a fantastic team. It's like you said in another post " looks like D-3 is going to have some really good teams" and they are. I am looking forward to seeing what all of these kids can do this next season.

Also, I was not trying to play the "WHAT F" card in my prior post, so I am sorry if my statement came across that way. DO won, no excuses. I was just saying that from all of the hype about DO I thought that they would have brought more to the table offensivley and they didn't.

Prior to the DO/Oakdale game most of there fans were saying that Oakdale has never played a team as good as DO, and that DO plays in a tougher division, D-2, and were saying Oakdale didn't stand a chance. I guess what I was trying to say is, 3 plays (only 1 offensively) from a team that was built up by there fans so much that I thought they were going to blow Oakdale out of the water with ther offense and they couldn't. D.O needs to give a special thanks to that KO returner on special teams and the one who made the defensive play on defense and intercepted that ball, because they won the game for DO, it definatly was not there offense.....I will say though, DO does have a great defense.
Back to top Go down
WHS

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 1:26 pm

M,

We could debate this all day long but the bottom line is OD got beat in all three phases of the game. DO scored on O, scored on D and than beat you in the kicking game. That is a big win in my book.

As far as DO fans, most of them are pretty good about it. It seems the loudest are not Loomis residents and have transfered in for one reason or another. The staff there is very humble and so are most of thier followers. Since CT has taken over and elevated the program, there is a sense of entitlement with the winning ways but hey, that would happen anywhere. I just banter right back at them, it is a blog!! have fun with them cuz they are eazy to catch!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 2:18 pm

@WHS, you are right, we could debate this all day long, but what is the point. DO won cut and dry no matter how they got the win, they had the key plays that won them the game and Oakdale didn't. (2 key plays) and thats all, but then again that is what wins ball games and makes teams better than others, is makeing those plays when needed.

Like I said, the fans made that DO team sound far better than they actually were. The week prior to the game the DO fans made it seem like Oakdale was playing a team like Grant, and it didn't turn out to be so.

BTW, I don't think I will be fishing anymore with the DO fans, you are right, they are an easy catch....I am sure I will be fishing somewhere else next season....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011   Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Sac Joaquin Section Teams in 2011
Page 1 of 1