Welcome to the SJS FORUM !

Welcome to the SJS FORUM !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SJSFOOTBALL.COM   NEW SJSPREPS.COM  CAL SAFETY  SJS TWITTER  ModBee Forum  SacBee Facebook  NorCal Forum  CalWrestler Forum  
Le Grand plays today in the D-4 State Bowl Game at 4pm..... Del Oro plays Saturday for the D-2 State Championships..... GO Sac Joaquin Section!         SJSfootball.com

Grant vs Rocklin

Go down 
+4
Grantfan
WHS
FridayNightLights
Admin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Grant vs Rocklin Empty
PostSubject: Grant vs Rocklin   Grant vs Rocklin EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 12:04 am

Rocklin 7 Grant 6 2nd QTR. Fire Department has locked the gates HUGE CROWD!
Back to top Go down
https://sjspreps.forumotion.net
Admin
Admin
Admin

Grant vs Rocklin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grant vs Rocklin   Grant vs Rocklin EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 12:42 am

Rocklin 21 Grant 6 Halftime
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Grant vs Rocklin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grant vs Rocklin   Grant vs Rocklin EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 1:52 am

Rocklin 21 Grant 19 end of the 3rd
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Grant vs Rocklin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grant vs Rocklin   Grant vs Rocklin EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 2:26 am

Grant misses 21 yard field goal on final play by inches, and Rocklin stuns Grant 21-19

ROCKLIN WINS 21-19
Back to top Go down
FridayNightLights

FridayNightLights

Grant vs Rocklin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grant vs Rocklin   Grant vs Rocklin EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 12:22 pm

This game i was a classic,the only problem is that the best teams did not win.Rocklin will not win a state bowl Championship.
Back to top Go down
WHS

Grant vs Rocklin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grant vs Rocklin   Grant vs Rocklin EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 12:58 pm

The best teams did not win? What kind of statement is that? Rocklin was the better TEAM. Grant lives and dies playing with better athletes, They live with the lack of discipline and penalities and overcome them with the athletes. Over confidence, lack of imginative offense and a defense that game planned poorly cost them the game.

More goes into a game than just having the players, thats what seperates this sport from so many others!

This season Del Oro and Rocklin have PROVED they are better than Saint Marys, Granite Bay, Grant, NU, CBS and whoever else you may want to put out there!
Back to top Go down
FridayNightLights

FridayNightLights

Grant vs Rocklin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grant vs Rocklin   Grant vs Rocklin EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 1:52 pm

I just think on the big stage Grant would do better than Rocklin.Grant had 6 turnovers and it was still a 2 point game.Grant would beat them in a rematch
Back to top Go down
Grantfan

Grantfan

Grant vs Rocklin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grant vs Rocklin   Grant vs Rocklin EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 1:58 pm

The bottom line is the fact that Grant played a very bad game and Rocklin played a very good game. Rocklin does not have what it takes to win a bowl game! I hope Del Oro destroys them Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
WHS

Grant vs Rocklin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grant vs Rocklin   Grant vs Rocklin EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 10:14 pm

G fan,

You would have hate for any team that defeated the mighty Pacers.

FNL, did not the Thunder also turn the ball over twice?

Ball security is something that is coached? I understand that it was felt by Rocklin staff that the Pacers did not protect the ball well. The Rocklin D went after the ball many times and produced the turn overs? they just didn't happen by themselves. It was part of the game!

Secondly, G recievers got there heads taken off several times with ball jarring hits. It hampered their passing game which aleady had struggles. When Grant found out the these suburb boys could play and hit they were shocked to say the least.

The pregame garbage that went on didn't bother Rocklin one bit. I will say I was blown away by Coach Al standing there with his arms folded, yes I had my Binocs on him and he smiled and was laughing about the pregame junk? After it went on long enough he jestured for it to stop and it did. Should never have happened.

in all IMHO grant was full of themselves from last year. Overconfident, lack of respect for upcoming team. Game was a mere formality to DO title game. All I can say is WRONG!
Back to top Go down
InterestedObserver

Grant vs Rocklin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grant vs Rocklin   Grant vs Rocklin EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 1:58 pm

FNL. just to clarify. Grant lost on the 'little stage' (PACKED house, people turned away, etc.) but that would lead you to believe they would do better on the big stage?

Rocklin took advantage of what Grant gave them. Grant made some adjustments and came back but Rocklin gutted out an amazing goal line stand and this is not big stage worthy?

Grant came into Rocklins warm-ups to play head games. Rocklin did not respond until game time. Look at the first play, they ran right at #55 and gained 5 yds. And yet Rocklin is not ready for the big stage.

Grant got the game away from Rocklin's field, then onto an artificial field. Rocklin showed up in the true anytime, anywhere spirit that Grant espouses and beats Grant 21-19 and you say Grant, not Rocklin, can compete on the big stage?

Maybe you are right. Grant can reserve the big stage for Dec 18 and put on a musical review of their season while D.O. or Rocklin plays in Carson, on a football field.
Back to top Go down
Bad To The Bone

Grant vs Rocklin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grant vs Rocklin   Grant vs Rocklin EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:43 pm

If they played again,who do you think would win? I dont think Grant would have 6 Turnovers again.Rocklin played a great game,but Grant played a terrible one
Back to top Go down
Bad To The Bone

Grant vs Rocklin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grant vs Rocklin   Grant vs Rocklin EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:44 pm

Another question,who is going to win the Rocklin vs Del Oro game?
Back to top Go down
3cats

Grant vs Rocklin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grant vs Rocklin   Grant vs Rocklin EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:48 pm

I have no dog in this fight mine was knocked out in round 1 dsore1218 you said it right . Rocklin came to play and was not intimidated by Grants pre-game antics....

Congats to Rocklin you deserve it that goaline stand was freakin amazing I was right there at the back of the end zone #44 you were a stud. Good luck to both Rocklin and DO this friday. This years football playoffs has been amazing!!
Back to top Go down
Bad To The Bone

Grant vs Rocklin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grant vs Rocklin   Grant vs Rocklin EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 6:49 pm

Your right cat,that goal line stand was amazing,Rocklin stopped one of the best backs in the SJS(Butler) 3 plays in a row.
Back to top Go down
SJS200

Grant vs Rocklin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grant vs Rocklin   Grant vs Rocklin EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 9:00 pm

Im going to go with Rocklin.Cal preps and SJSfootball have Del Oro by 4.
Rocklin by 3
Back to top Go down
WHS

Grant vs Rocklin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grant vs Rocklin   Grant vs Rocklin EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 2:59 pm

BAD,

Beauty of the playoffs is you don't play them again. The G had their chance. not this year.

if they play played again would Rocklin win?? There are no IF'S!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grant vs Rocklin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grant vs Rocklin   Grant vs Rocklin Empty

Back to top Go down

Grant vs Rocklin
Page 1 of 1